Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas to the U.S. | USAGov

Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas to the U.S.

Learn how to apply for different types of nonimmigrant visa for tourists, students, business travelers and future spouses. besides, find information about the Visa Waiver Program, and how to get a job in the United States as a foreign actor .

How to Apply Online for a Business or Tourism Visitor Visa to the U.S.

Please note: In reply to the COVID-19 pandemic, the State Department temporarily suspended everyday visa services at all U.S. embassies and consulates in March 2020. The process to resume everyday visa services began in February 2021. Under normal conditions : If you are planning a brief visit to the U.S. for business or tourism, you might need to apply for a visitor or a transit visa. These are the steps you should take :

1. Find out if you need a visa. check to see if your state participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program ( VWP ). If you do n’t see your country listed, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to visit the U.S. 2.  Determine which visa you might need for your visit. Most clientele and tourism travelers use B-1 and B-2 visitor visa .

  • B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
  • B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.

Transit visas are lupus erythematosus common .

  • Transit C visa classification is for foreign nationals traveling through the U.S. to another country and stopping briefly in the U.S. as part of their travel to the next foreign destination.
  • Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crewmembers of sea vessels or international airlines traveling to the U.S.

3. Apply for a visa. The serve of applying for a visa will vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Follow the specific instructions for the country that you ’ re in. In general, you will need :

  • To complete online form DS-160, the nonimmigrant visa application form
  • A photo
  • A visa application fee
  • To schedule an interview

Getting a Job in the U.S. as a Foreign Worker

Based on your skills, circumstances, and the job that you plan to do, you may be able to come to the U.S. as either a :

  • Temporary or permanent wave foreign worker, or a
  • impermanent visitor for business

Under certain circumstances, you may besides be able to work in the U.S. if you ’ re a foreign student or an exchange visitor .

Get a Work Visa

As a foreign proletarian, you will need a visa to get a problem in the U.S. Each type of visa has unique requirements, conditions, and time limits. Visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ‘ ( USCIS ) Working in the U.S. web page for an overview of each proletarian category and type of visa.

Use the Department of State ’ s visa sorcerer to find :

  • The visa you need
  • The application summons
  • Fees
  • Estimated wait time for a visa interview

Your Rights and Protections as a Temporary Foreign Worker

  • As a temp foreign proletarian in the U.S., you will not be denied a visa or be punished by the U.S. government because you have exercised your rights under U.S. laws. Learn your rights and protections .
  • If you violate the terms of your work visa, it could be revoked. You could be deported, arrested, or denied re-entry into the U.S .
  • If you think you or person you know is being brought to the U.S. for homo traffic, get help now .

Immigration Questions

If you ’ re in the U.S. and have questions about visa and immigration, visit the USCIS Contact Center. If you ’ re in another country, contact your nearest international immigration office .

The K-1 or Fiancé(e) Visa

If you ’ re engaged to a U.S. citizen and design to marry and live in the U.S., your fiancé ( e ) can petition for a K-1 visa for you. The K-1 visa allows you to travel to the United States to marry your fiancé ( e ) within 90 days of arriving. After you marry, you may apply for an adjustment of condition to get a permanent Resident ( Green ) Card. The K-1 visa expires after 90 days and can not be extended. If you do not marry within that meter, you must leave the country or face possible exile .

  • Find instructions for applying for your K-1 visa on the Department of State K-1 visa page .
  • download forms for your fiancé ( e ) to request for your visa and for you to apply for mandate to work. Find these on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services fiancé ( vitamin e ) visa page .

contribution This foliate :




Do you have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related wonder for dislodge. They ‘ll get you the answer or let you know where to find it .

  • Talk to a live agent
  • Web Chat with a live agent

survive Updated : April 5, 2022

informant :
Category : How To

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.