How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S or Note phone
There are a bunch of ways to take a screenshot with a Samsung earphone, one is pretty obvious and the other two ways … a little less indeed. We ‘ll walk you through all three of these methods below. Note: These methods apply to most Samsung Galaxy smartphones, including the Galaxy S and Note lines, along with most modern Galaxy A models from the end three years. If your earphone is over three years erstwhile, it may alone support the below key combination screenshot method and not the other two.
How to screenshot on a Samsung phone using a key combination reference : Andrew Martonik / Android Central ( image credit : source : Andrew Martonik / Android Central ) Like most Android smartphones, taking a quick screenshot on a Samsung call combines the ability button and the book button in a agile gesture that may take some getting used to. But once you ‘ve mastered it, you ‘ll never miss it again .
- Open the content you want to screenshot.
- At the same time, press the power and volume down buttons for one second, and release them.
- Note that if you hold the buttons more than a second, your phone will either launch a long-press action with the power button or adjust the volume down. You only need to hold the buttons for a second to take a screenshot.
- The screenshot will be immediately shareable from the bottom bar that pops on screen (far right button), or you can access it from the notification shade instead.
- You can also jump into an editing mode by using the center button. This lets you crop and draw on the screenshot before sharing or saving.
How to screenshot on a Samsung phone using a palm swipe
- Open the content to screenshot.
- Place your hand vertically on the left or right edge of the phone, and swipe it across the screen, while keeping your hand in contact with the screen, in one motion.
- If this method doesn’t work, go into Settings, Advanced features, Motions and gestures and make sure Palm swipe to capture is turned on.
- The screenshot will be saved, shareable, and editable in the exact same way from either the on-screen toolbar or the notification shade.
How to screenshot on a Samsung phone using Bixby Voice
Read more: How To Do a Smokey Eye
beginning : android Central ( double credit rating : source : android Central ) Bixby Voice can be used to take a screenshot if you ‘re unable to grab your phone to use the buttons or handle swipe .
- Open the content to screenshot.
- By default, a long-press of the button will launch Bixby Voice, after you’ve opened it once.
- With the interface activated, say “take a screenshot.”
- With the Bixby method, you miss out on the instant edit capabilities of the other methods. You can, however, string together commands such as “take a screenshot and share it to Twitter” if you want to get elaborate.
capture more with “ coil appropriate ”
source : Daniel Bader / Android Central ( effigy accredit : generator : Daniel Bader / Android Central ) No topic how you start your screenshot, after capturing you ‘ll see a set of options at the bed of the screen, including “ screen appropriate. ” This button — on the left field side, a box with down-facing arrows in it — makes the telephone scroll through the content on the sieve and take multiple screenshots, which are then stitched together into one tall screenshot showing everything together. This is superintendent useful for capturing a broad web page, a fructify of turn-by-turn directions, or a long restaurant menu. While Samsung phones have had this sport for years, Google started rolling it out natively on Android 12. good tap the scroll capture button as many times as you need — it will besides stop automatically once you ‘ve reached the bottom of the screen. And adenine soon as you ‘re done you can parcel, edit, or save the screenshot merely like any other. To save a bit of tapping, you can besides hold down on the scrolling button to capture an integral text file or page in one fell swoop. To access your screenshots for former, head to the Samsung Gallery app, which is found inside your catapult ‘s app drawer. Screenshots are saved in the chief camera roll, but you can besides head to the Album pill and find all of your screenshots in one place inside the Screenshot album. happy annotating !
Our top equipment picks
If you are n’t already using one of the best android phones, there ‘s no better fourth dimension than today for an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy S21 comes with a leading adjust of cameras and delivers systematically smooth performance. With three years of major platform updates and four years of security updates promised, you ‘ll enjoy this absolute unit for years to come. The fresh spot
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G – Factory unlocked Android cell phone
$750 at Amazon
The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G has about everything you ‘d want from the more expensive S21 Plus and S21 Ultra phones. You get a gorgeous 120Hz display, excellent cameras, and a ( slightly ) more pocket-friendly call for hundreds less .