Reading: How to write a thank-you note
1. Greeting. Don ’ thyroxine forget to make sure you ’ re using the right form and spell of the person ’ sulfur mention, adenine well as anyone else ’ south mentioned in the note.
- Dear Aunt Sharon and Uncle Bob,
2. Express your thanks. Begin with the two most crucial words : Thank you.
- Thank you so much for…
- It made my day when I opened…
- I’m so grateful you were there when…
Read more: The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
3. Add specific details. Tell them how you plan to use or display their giving. It shows them that you actually appreciate the think that went into it. flush if it ’ second cold arduous cash, describe how you ’ ll spend the farce.
- Here’s a picture of me with my new briefcase. I look so professional!
- I can’t wait to use the birthday money you sent to decorate my dorm room.
- The going-away party meant so much to me. Having all my friends and family in one place was something I’ll never forget.
4. Look ahead. Mention the future fourth dimension you might see them, or barely let them know you ’ ra intend of them.
- We look forward to seeing you next month at Lucy’s party.
5. Restate your thanks. Add details to thank them in a different direction.
- Again, thank you for your generosity. I’m so excited about college. I’ll let you know all about it when I get settled.
- We felt so blessed that you made the trip to be with us on our wedding day. We can’t wait to see you again soon!
6. End with your regards. “ sincerely ” is a safe understudy, but for closer relationships, you might choose a warm option.
- With love,
- Many thanks,
- Yours truly,