What to Know
- Go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Auto Update to enable automatic updates.
- Go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now to check for updates manually.
- If your TV can’t connect to the internet, download the latest update to a USB flash drive and plug it into your TV for a manual install.
This article explains how to update a Samsung Smart television receiver. Instructions apply broadly to most Samsung Smart TVs made after 2013 .
Set Your Samsung Smart television receiver to Update Automatically
You can have your Samsung Smart television receiver update mechanically so you do n’t have to dedicate time to do it yourself .
Reading: How to Update a Samsung Smart TV
Although there ‘s technically a deviation between software and firmware updates, Samsung frequently uses the term “ Software Update ” to include both. To activate this feature of speech, perform these steps :
- Make indisputable your television is connected to the internet .
- Go to Settings .
- Select Support .
- Select Software Update .
Select Auto Update .
When you turn your television on and it detects a new update, it will download and install it before you can proceed to watch anything or use the television ‘s early functions. This may take several minutes, depending on the nature of the update .
If you selected the Auto Update choice and an update becomes available while you are watching television receiver, the update will download and install in the background, then install the future clock you turn the television receiver on .
Lifewire / Kyle Fewel
Update Your television manually via the Internet
If your television receiver is connected to the Internet, but you prefer to activate firmware/software updates manually, you can do so .
here are the steps :
- Go to Settings .
- Select Support .
- Select Software Update .
Select Update Now. If an update is available, the download and initiation process will be initiated in the same manner as discussed in the Auto Update part above .
- If no updates available, choice OK to exit the Settings menu and proceed to use the television .
Update Your television receiver Manually via USB
If your television receiver is not connected to the Internet or you prefer to install software/firmware updates locally, you have the choice of doing this via USB .
To use this option, you need to first download the update to a personal computer or laptop :
- Go to the Samsung online support locate .
Enter the model number of your television in the Search Support Box. This should take you to the support page for your television model .
- Your model number should resemble this: UN40KU6300FXZA.
- Select Information Page .
- choose Downloads or scroll down to Manuals and Downloads .
choice Download or See More .
Download the Software/Firmware updates your personal computer or Laptop.
The firmware file you download from the web site is a compressed file with the extension .EXE .
- Plug a USB flash drive into your personal computer or Laptop .
- Run the file you ’ ve downloaded : When asked where you want to have the file contents unzipped, select a USB brassy drive with sufficient capacity .
once the download is finished and unzipped on the USB flash drive, plug it into a USB port on the television receiver .
If you have more than one USB port, make certain no other USB devices are plugged into any of the USB ports .
- Using the television receiver ‘s outside control condition, select the Home or Smart Hub icon, then the Settings picture on the television receiver shield, which looks like a gear .
- Scroll down and choose Support .
- Select Software Update and then Update Now .
- Select the USB option. You ‘ll see a message on the screen that reads “ Scanning USB. This may take more than 1 minute. ”
- Follow any further prompts to start the update procedure .
- When the serve is completed, the Samsung Smart television will turn off automatically, then turn back on, indicating the software update installed correctly and is ready to use .
To far confirm you ‘ve updated the software, you can go into Settings, choose Software Update, then Update Now. The television will display you have the latest update .
Do not turn your television off during the update process. The television must remain power on until the update is complete. The television receiver will turn off and on mechanically after completing the software update, which reboots the television receiver. Depending on the nature of the update, audio and video recording settings may reset to their factory defaults after a software update .
How to Update Apps on Samsung Smart television
To continue using the Samsung apps installed on your Smart television receiver, you ‘ll need to make certain you have the latest versions. This is classify from updating the television receiver ‘s system software or firmware, as each app has its own structure. The easiest direction to keep your apps updated is to have the television do it automatically .
To set this up, use the take after steps :
- Press the Smart Hub/Home button your Samsung television receiver distant .
- In the Smart Hub Home Menu, choice Apps .
- Select My Apps .
Select Options and make surely Auto Update is set to On .
If you do n’t want the apps to update automatically, set Auto Update to Off .
- If you ‘re using the manual option, when you select an individual app you ‘ll be notified if an update is available. Follow any farther messages or prompts to initiate the update action .
- When the update is completed, the app will open so you can use it .
If you own an older Samsung Smart television, such as one released before the 2016 model year, there may be some variations in the steps needed to update apps :
2015 Models : crush the Menu button your remote control, choose Smart Hub > App and Game Auto Update > On .
2014 Models : press the Menu button your outback. Select Smart Hub > App Settings > Auto-Update .
2013 Models : press the Smart Hub button on your outside, choice Apps > More Apps, then follow any extra prompts.
Read more: How To Do a Smokey Eye
The Bottom Line
Depending on what year and Samsung Menu/Smart Hub version you have, there may be some variations on the appearance of the menu, deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as how to access the System and App update features. If you ‘re not surely of the accurate steps, consult the printed drug user scout or the on-screen e-manual for your Samsung Smart television .