iOS 16 roadmap
Since Apple should follow the previous io releases, the final version of io 16 is expected to be roll out in September this year, for all compatible iPhone models. Before that, the ship’s company released the beta testing platform on June 6 merely for developers. The public beta is expected to be released in July 2022. iOS 16 roadmap
- June 6, 2022: iOS 16 developer beta released.
- July 2022: iOS 16 public beta will be released.
- September 2022: iOS 16 official expected to be released.
The biggest highlight of the new io interpretation is undoubtedly the Lock riddle personalization. With that, you can create different lock screen options and navigate between them to choose one that will suit you best at all times.
Check out our iOS 16 guide to learn what the features one can expect to see in the next adaptation of Apple ‘s mobile function system .
Apple unveiled iOS 16 at WWDC 2022. / © Apple; Screenshot: NextPit
How to download and install iOS 16 on your iPhone
Before facility, it is highly recommended you back up your iPhone, which allows you to return to the stable version of the operational arrangement if anything goes amiss, followed by these steps .
As mentioned before, iOS 16 beta is available for developers immediately, which means if you already have a developer account you can easily download the foremost beta file and install it on your iPhone. Bear in thinker that the beta software refers to a translation of software that ’ second still under development and not so far released to the populace. furthermore, an Apple Developer Program membership is mandate in this phase and costs approximately $ 100.
Before testing your software on your device, make sure you enable Developer Mode in Settings > Privacy & Security. Follow the steps below to install io 16 developer beta on your iPhone using the configuration profile :
- Download the configuration profile from the Apple Developer page (a developer account is required to do so).
- On your device: Download the configuration profile directly onto your device and follow the installation instructions.
- On your Mac or PC: Save the file to your hard disk and email it to an account on your iPhone. Select the configuration profile in Mail and follow the corresponding installation instructions.
- Connect your device to a power cable and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Click on Download and Install.
- Select Install.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- As soon as the device restarts, it will run iOS 16 developer beta.
After the configuration profile, just go to software update settings and install iOS 16 beta / © NextPit
The io 16 populace beta is expected to be released entirely in July this year. In orderliness to participate in the Apple Beta Software Program you must first be a member, merely then will you be able to enrol your devices to access the populace beta and try out the latest features before the official version is released. a soon as the public beta files of io 16 are available for download, follow these steps to install the update package :
- Go to beta.apple.com on your iPhone and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click Enroll your iOS device to download the iOS 16 public beta installation profile to your iPhone (follow the device’s on-screen instructions).
- Launch open the Settings app on your device.
- A new item will indicate that the Setup Profile has been detected. Select that option, on the next screen tap the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Note: this step only installs the file that releases the trial versions on the device.
- To install the iOS beta, follow the traditional procedure: Settings > General > Software Update.
- Once the process is complete, your iPhone will run iOS 16 public beta.
The official update to the iPhone ‘s operate system will be performed Over-The-Air ( OTA ), meaning you only need an Internet connection to receive the update file. To check whether io 16 is available on your smartphone, download and install the update by following these steps below :
Read more: How To Do a Smokey Eye
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the General option.
- Click Software Update. The system will search for any available updates.
- In the event that an update is now available, relevant update information will appear on the device screen. Click the Download and Install option.
- After downloading the latest version, select Install Now.
- After rebooting, your iPhone will be running the iOS 16.
Remember! The update will entirely be installed once the device is rebooted. For this, the iPhone must have at least 50 % remaining battery life or be connected to a charger. happy download !
How new iOS versions are developed
apart from having a more control ecosystem, Apple follows a slightly different development procedure than Google does with Android. Although both systems receive major annual updates, io frequently features major changes in between version updates. In the case of io ( including iPadOS and early derive systems ), Apple offers beta versions for minor revisions—such as 16.1, 16.2, etc.—and these are normally available for a few weeks before the final stable version is released. Google does things differently by conducting a individual evaluation march over several months, before the annual Android version update that normally happens in the moment half of the calendar year .