How to Unlock Excel Spreadsheet for Editing When Forgot Password
Lock the cells on your Excel spreadsheet and protect them with password can helps to prevent other users from incidentally and intentionally changing, moving or deleting the data on your Excel worksheet. however, if unfortunately forgot the Excel sheet protection password, you wo n’t be able to edit the protection function of worksheet excessively .
How to unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing when forgot password? here will show you 3 ways, and it is certain to help you get rid of this boring password problem.
Applies to Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016.
Way 1: Copy the data to another sheet to edit it
When you forgot the password to unprotect Excel sheet to edit the data, beginning you can create a newfangled plane, then replicate and spread the datum to the modern sheet to edit it .
This way works only if the “ Select locked cells ” and “ Select unlock cells ” actions are allowed in the protected sheet .
1. Select all the data on the sail that needs to be unlock .
2. crusade “ Ctrl + C ” to copy the contents .
3. Click on the New sheet button to add a new sheet on the workbook, or press “ Ctrl + N ” to create a new workbook .
4. press “ Ctrl + V ” to paste the datum on the modern sheet. now you can modify the data on the newly sheet, and save them after editing .
Tips : You can select “ Keep Source Formatting ” under Paste Options, so that you do n’t need to adjust them in the new sheets manually. But if the protect sheet has external links to other sheets or workbooks, you need to add those links manually .
Way 2: Unlock Excel sheet without password by Workbook Unprotect Tuner
Cocosenor Workbook Unprotect Tuner can help to remove Excel Worksheet, Workbook, Read-only protection password in two seconds no count how farseeing or complex the password is .
1. To run Workbook Unprotect Tuner on your calculator, foremost you need to download it, and install it .
2. Click on the Open or Add file button, and them select the Excel file to import it into the program.
3. Click on “ Remove Password ” button. In two seconds, the Excel worksheet security password is removed !
4. Go to the folder where the Excel file is located, you will find a newly Excel file with the lapp appoint but marked as “ Unprotected ”, click on this Excel file, you will find it is the lapp with the old one, and the protect sheet is editable .
Tips : If the Excel charge is besides encrypted with opening password, remove the Excel file encrypted password first. If you forgot the Excel orifice password excessively, go and see how to recover password when forget Excel password .
Way 3: Use VBA code to unlock the locked Excel sheet
This manner works on Excel spreadsheet 2007 and earlier version .
1. Open the Excel file, and press “ Alt + F11 ” .
2. Click on Insert, blue-ribbon Module .
3. Paste the pursue VBA code to the module box :
Sub UnprotectSheet ( )
Dim iodine As Integer, joule As Integer, kilobyte As Integer
Dim liter As Integer, molarity As Integer, nitrogen As Integer
Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
On Error Resume Next
For i = 65 To 66 : For j = 65 To 66 : For potassium = 65 To 66
For liter = 65 To 66 : For megabyte = 65 To 66 : For i1 = 65 To 66
For i2 = 65 To 66 : For i3 = 65 To 66 : For i4 = 65 To 66
For i5 = 65 To 66 : For i6 = 65 To 66 : For north = 32 To 126
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr ( i ) & Chr ( joule ) & Chr ( potassium ) & _
Chr ( fifty ) & Chr ( megabyte ) & Chr ( i1 ) & Chr ( i2 ) & Chr ( i3 ) & _
Chr ( i4 ) & Chr ( i5 ) & Chr ( i6 ) & Chr ( normality )
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False then
MsgBox “ One available password is “ & Chr ( iodine ) & Chr ( joule ) & _
Chr ( thousand ) & Chr ( l ) & Chr ( megabyte ) & Chr ( i1 ) & Chr ( i2 ) & _
Chr ( i3 ) & Chr ( i4 ) & Chr ( i5 ) & Chr ( i6 ) & Chr ( nitrogen )
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets ( 1 ) .Select
Range ( “ a1 ” ) .FormulaR1C1 = Chr ( iodine ) & Chr ( joule ) & _
Chr ( thousand ) & Chr ( liter ) & Chr ( m ) & Chr ( i1 ) & Chr ( i2 ) & _
Chr ( i3 ) & Chr ( i4 ) & Chr ( i5 ) & Chr ( i6 ) & Chr ( n )
adjacent : adjacent : future : following : future : adjacent
next : next : adjacent : next : following : future
4. Press F5 or click on the Run button to execute the Macro.
5. If it goes well, you will see the password on a popping up box .
I got these VBA codes from the internet, and have tried on my Excel sheet 2016, but it did n’t respond, maybe it entirely works on Excel 2007 and ealier adaptation. If the sheet is on Excel 2010/2013/2016, go to way 2 that will work well for you .