Ideal for novice bakers, this basic cupcake recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare and uses just five ingredients.
This cupcake recipe makes a batch of 24 basic cupcakes ; perfect for birthday parties or bake sales. To make certain these basic cupcakes are extra light, cream the butter and sugar in concert before adding the remaining ingredients. This ensures deoxyadenosine monophosphate much air is in the mix as potential resulting in easy, downy cupcakes every clock time .
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- You will also need:
- Ice-cream scoop (optional)
- 2 x 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper cases
Video of the Week
- Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, accelerator 5. Line two muffin trays with 12 cupcake cases or bake in batches of 12 using one muffin tray .
- start by creaming butter and sugar in concert in a bowl using a wooden spoon or electric whisk. Beat until soft and downy. then add the flour, eggs, milk, and salt and whisk until the mixture is smooth .
- Use a traditional-style ice-cream exclusive, or smooch, to divide the mix between all the paper cases making surely to get an even measure of mix in each .
- Place both muffin tins in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then swap over the position of the tins over and bake for a further 3-7 minutes, until both trays of cupcakes are a light fortunate color .
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes. then transfer them to a wire rack to cool. once completely cooled, the cupcakes can be decorated .
Watch how to make basic cupcakes
Top tips for making this cupcake recipe
These easy cupcakes are so versatile and can be decorated in a diverseness of unlike ways, for exercise, topped with a odoriferous buttercream icing or cream cheese frost. Spread the frost with a palette knife on acme of your cool cupcakes or make a pipe base, and pipe swirls onto your cupcakes rather .
Find out everything you need to know about how to ice cupcakes with our handy guide including how to create rose and ice cream style whirl.
Read more: How to Tie a Tie: 7 Knots for All Occasions
Can I change the flavour of this cupcake recipe?
It ’ randomness easy to turn these basic cupcakes into chocolate cupcakes, zingy lemon cupcakes or even full-bodied coffee cupcakes ; equitable follow the method acting above and add drops of your chosen extract to add season to each cupcake .
For example, try a few drops of vanilla distill for a sweet vanilla flavor or swap the milk in this recipe for orange or gamboge juice for citrusy cupcakes. If you want to make cocoa cupcakes just swap 1-2oz of flour for cocoa powder alternatively .
How can I make sure all of my cupcakes are the same size?
To make certain your cupcakes bake evenly, use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake cases with the assortment. This will make certain you have an even come of mix in each encase and that they should rise to the lapp altitude .
It ‘s besides best to make these cupcakes in a bun tray so the cupcake cases can be held in stead when baking .
Click to rate
Sending your fink