1. Create a Twitch account from a mobile device or computer. We recommend downloading Twitch on your io or Android earphone to adjust your pour settings on the fly, which is easy to do with your Stream Manager in the app. besides, don ’ triiodothyronine forget to turn on Two-Factor Authentication to keep your report dependable .
2. Download the Twitch Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. note : you don ’ t need the PlayStation app in orderliness to broadcast from your PlayStation.
3. Personalize your channel by adding elements that reflect your personal sword to set yourself apart. This will help viewers know who you are when they discover your page ! You can modify your profile photograph and bio on fluid, or customize a number of extra settings via a world wide web browser. We ’ ve set up an entire godhead Camp page on Personal Branding to show you all of the places you can customize your channel page to reflect you and your brand .
4. Before you start streaming, we recommend that you log in to your account from a vane browser so you can establish your Moderation and Safety settings to ensure the have for your growing community is positive. AutoMod is a great instrument to serve as your beginning line of defense for easing because it will detect messages in new world chat that have been flagged as inappropriate and block them from appearing until you or a moderator inspection and approve. You can besides update your settings to include a customs list of words or phrases to filter from your channel automatically .
5. The quality of your audio is critical in helping you connect with viewers. There are a few bang-up, low-cost headsets with built-in microphone settings, like the Turtle Beach Recon 200, which work for all consoles and personal computer, that ensure great audio for your stream .
6. If you ’ ra concern in adding a webcam to your pour, you ’ ll want to purchase one as they aren ’ thymine built into consoles. For the PlayStation, the only choice is to use the PS4 Camera. For Xbox, you can use any standard USB Camera. We ’ ve made a few suggestions in our Hardware Recommendations with a variety of price ranges to fit your budget .
once you ’ ve completed these steps, you ’ re ready to go hot ! Below you ’ ll find the specific instructions for going live on both Playstation and Xbox, angstrom well as a tilt of references and third-party documentation to help you troubleshoot if you have issues .
Streaming from PlayStation
- First, link your account on PlayStation by following the directions on your screen and scanning the QR code or inputting the code provided to twitch.tv/activate.
- While playing a game, press the Share button on your controller and select “Broadcast Gameplay” from the Share menu, and select Twitch.
- You can choose your video options, give your stream a title, add in your PlayStation Camera if available, and invite your friends to start watching.
tip : You will automatically be placed in the game category for the game you ’ ra playing. For maximum searchability and follower betrothal, we recommend using the Twitch io or Android app so you can select a customs go alive notification and add in extra tags .
- Click “Select Broadcasting” and you’re now live!
- To stop streaming, press the Share button on your controller, select “Broadcast Settings” from the Share menu, and then select “Stop Broadcasting”.
PlayStation digest : How to Stream Gameplay with Broadcast
PlayStation User Guide : Broadcasting Your Gameplay
Streaming from Xbox
- First, open the Twitch app and link your Xbox account to Twitch by following the directions on your screen and inputting the code provided to twitch.tv/activate.
- Before you go live for the first time, ensure your Privacy settings have “Online status & history” set to “Everybody” in the “Others can see if you’re online” setting.
- You’ll also need to set the “You can broadcast gameplay” setting to “Allow” under “Game Content”.
- If you’re using a camera, make sure that “You can share content made using Kinect or other cameras” is set to “Allow”.
- From the Twitch app, select the Broadcast tab where you can choose your video options, give your stream a title, and add in your microphone and camera if available.
tip : You will mechanically be placed in the game class for the game you ’ ra play. For utmost searchability and follower employment, we recommend using the Twitch io or Android app sol you can select a custom-made go-live notification and add in extra tags .
- Select “Start Streaming” and you’re now live!
- Once you start the broadcast, you can select the game you want to play during your stream by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
To stop broadcast, relaunch the Twitch app by pressing the Xbox button and blue-ribbon “ Stop Streaming ”.
serve article : Xbox Broadcasting and Troubleshooting
Xbox digest : How to stream from Twitch on Xbox One
Personalize your Stream
Streamlabs Studio and Lighstream are cloud-based streaming studios that enable you to add overlays, alerts, scenes, and early media to your Xbox pour without needing to invest in a stream computer or capture calling card. Set up your project in a network browser and your customizations will be added to your stream mechanically every clock time you go live. You can even use your mobile device as a distant control to change scenes from the comfort of your couch ! To use either Streamlabs Studio or Lightstream, a plan is required.
Check out our serve page to learn more or visit Streamlabs Studio to explore plans and product details.
Both Xbox and PlayStation can stream to Twitch through Lightstream. Lightstream is a cloud-based pour studio apartment where you can add overlays, alerts, multiple scenes, and other media to your circulate without needing to invest in a pour computer or get card. Set up your stick out in a web browser and your customizations will be added to your pour automatically every time you go be. There ’ second evening a distant control to change scenes using your mobile device. To use the integration, a Lightstream plan is required. All plans include a 7-day loose trial and begin at $ 8/month. Learn more about Lightstream .
On Xbox, blue-ribbon Lightstream as your destination in the Twitch Xbox app. Lightstream will layer on your customizations and send to your Twitch channel .
On PlayStation 4, it ’ second just a simple pinch to your comfort ’ s network settings.
For more tips on how to improve your stream make certain you check out more articles on the Creator Camp !