How to Change Your Homepage in Chrome
To change your home page in Chrome, chatter on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of a browser windowpane. then go to Settings > Appearance and enable the Show Home clitoris option. ultimately, type a URL in the text box and click the home button to see if it was changed .
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Then click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Next, click Settings.
- Then scroll down to Appearance. You can also select Appearance in the left sidebar to jump directly to the section. If you don’t see the left sidebar, you can expand your browser window or zoom out.
- Next, turn on the toggle next to the Show Home button. If the slider next to this is already green, you can skip this step.
- Finally, click the circle next to the text box and type the URL of your desired homepage.
You can besides change your startup page so you will see your home page when you open Chrome. To do this, scroll down the settings page to the On startup section. then click the radio release next to Open a specific page or set of pages . ultimately, chink Add a newly page, enter your home page URL, and chatter Add.
note : You can add more than one page. then, when you open a new Chrome window, all the pages you added will load in different tabs. After you change your home page in Chrome, you can besides customize the newly yellow journalism page. here ’ mho how :
How to Customize the New Tab Page in Chrome
To customize the new tab page in Chrome, open a new check and click the Customize button. then choose Background, Shortcuts, or Color and theme to change parts of the new tab page. Finally, chink Done.
- Open a new tab in the Chrome web browser.
- Then click Customize. You will see this button in the bottom-right corner of the window. It might also just appear as a pencil icon.
- Next, select Background from the left sidebar. This option lets you choose a new background image, a solid color, or upload your own image. note : If you choose to upload your own image, you can lone use files with a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png file extension .
- Then select Shortcuts. This option lets you change the shortcut icons on your new tab page or hide them entirely. note : If you choose My Shortcuts, you can click the three-dot picture in the top-right corner of a shortcut to remove it or edit its name and URL .
- Next, select Color and theme. This option lets you change the color of your entire browser and even certain websites.
- Finally, click Done after changing the new tab page.
unfortunately, Chrome doesn ’ t allow you to change your newly yellow journalism foliate to a specific URL in its settings. however, you can download an extension to achieve this. here ’ s how :
How to Change the New Tab Page in Chrome
To change the newly check page in Chrome, you have to download an reference like Custom New Tab URL from the Chrome Web Store. then enable the extension and add the URL you want to use for your new pill page .
- Open Google Chrome.
- Then go to the Custom New Tab URL page on the Chrome Web Store.
- Next, click Add to Chrome.
- Then click Add Extension.
- Next, click on the extensions icon. This is the icon that looks like a puzzle piece to the right of your address bar. notice : If you can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate see your annex, you can besides enable it by typing chrome : //extensions/ into the savoir-faire bar at the top of your browser window and hitting the embark key on your keyboard .
- Then click the three-dot icon next to the Custom New Tab URL extension and select Options.
- Next, check the box next to Enabled.
- Then type in a URL. Make sure to include http:// or https:// before the address.
- Finally, click Save to change your new tab page in Chrome.
nowadays that you know how to change your home page and new tab page in Chrome, check out our bit-by-bit template on how to sync Chrome across all your devices .