What to Know
- Send via AirDrop: Tap Photos > Videos > select video > Share icon > tap AirDrop > select recipient.
- Send via iCloud if recipient is not nearby: Photos > Videos > Share icon > Mail > compose email > tap Send > Use Mail Drop.
- To turn on AirDrop: Go to Settings > General > AirDrop, then tap either Contacts Only or Everyone.
This article explains how to send bombastic videos from an iPhone using AirDrop and iCloud. Instructions apply to devices running io 7 or late and macOS .
How to Send Videos From iPhone Using AirDrop
To share a large video from your iPhone with a nearby io or macOS device, AirDrop is much the quickest and most straightforward method acting. There are no limits to the video size and no indigence to download extra apps.
- Make sure the meet device is close by and powered up .
guarantee the get device is set up to accept AirDrop files .
- On iOS: Go to Settings > General > AirDrop, then tap either Contacts Only or Everyone.
- On macOS: Search for AirDrop in Spotlight or open the app directly from Finder. Once opened, select Allow me to be discovered by, then select either Contacts Only or Everyone.
- Open the Photos app on the send device .
Under Media Types, choice Videos. Tap the video you want to send .
- Select the Share icon .
Select the AirDrop picture. After a few seconds, you should see a list of available devices .
If you don ’ metric ton see the receive device, wait a moment for the list to refresh mechanically or tap the AirDrop icon .
Select the receive device .
- The transfer will mechanically start. Depending on the size of the video recording, it can take some time to send, but be patient and avoid moving the devices excessively far from each other. You ’ ll know the video has arrived when it appears in the Photos app on the receiving io device or within Downloads on macOS .
AirDrop is normally pretty stable, but if you try to send several videos larger than a few hundred megabytes, the transfer may fail. For this cause, it ’ s best to transfer one video at a fourth dimension.
How to Send Videos From iPhone Using iCloud
There are many cloud storage services available, but if you have an iPhone, you ’ ll probably already have an iCloud explanation. iCloud comes with 5GB rid repositing as standard, which can share long television and early boastfully files. If your file is within this 5GB limit, Mail Drop is your best option .
io Mail limits attachments to 20MB ; however, the Mail Drop sport lets you send file attachments up to 5GB in Apple Mail via a direct electronic mail link. After the liaison is shared, the recipient role has 30 days to download the file .
If your television is over 100MB, you must be connected to Wi-Fi for Mail Drop to work. evening if the clip is already backed up to your iCloud account, Mail Drop won ’ thyroxine permit you to send it as an attachment through cellular data alone.
- Open the Photos app and tap the video you want to share .
- Select the Share picture, then choose Mail .
- You ’ ll be taken to a Mail compose page with your fastening mechanically added to the message. Add the recipient role and capable, then compose your electronic mail as normal .
- Select Send .
You ’ ll see a notification that your attachment is excessively large to send, along with the choice to use Mail Drop. Choose Use Mail Drop, and your message will mechanically start transport .
If your video recording attachment is not already backed up to iCloud, the transfer work begins in the background. Your electronic mail sends after the upload is complete .
Sending iPhone Videos Larger Than 5GB
Although iCloud is by and large useful for backing up your iPhone files, for sharing videos larger than 5GB, a different serve such as Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, or Google Drive is much a better choice .
Understanding iPhone Sending Limits
The usual direction to send video from an iPhone is to use the Messages or Email app, but iMessage message caps at 100MB per message, and the Mail app limits attachments to 20MB .
curious about how much video you can record on your iPhone ? Newer iPhones can record 4K footage at up to 60 frames per second, which equates to roughly 400MB per infinitesimal of finish up video. even shooting at 720p HD for a couple of minutes will generate message excessively big to send directly through Messages .
Where do I find my videos on my iPhone?
Your recorded videos are saved to your Camera Roll. Videos are marked by a video television camera icon and the fourth dimension duration. You can access downloaded videos in the Files app.
How do I transfer videos from my iPhone to my computer?
You can transfer videos from your iPhone to a calculator using the Photos app, Image Capture, or iTunes. If you do n’t have the proper USB connection, you ‘ll have to download them from the swarm.