When to Replace a Toilet Flange
How can you tell that it ’ randomness time to replace your toilet flange ? There are three primary signs :
- If there is a sewer smell in the bathroom, it can be an indication that the flange is broken or wax seal and allowing odors to waft up from the sewer line.
- If the toilet rocks back and forth when you sit on it, the flange is probably broken.
- If water is pooling around the base of the toilet, a cracked flange or wax seal is the likely culprit.
Steps to Remove a Toilet Flange
many homeowners are adequate to of removing their own toilet flange, this is a very know DIY problem. The most challenge function is moving the gutter ; toilets can weigh over a hundred pounds, and they are awkwardly shaped. With that in mind, make sure you have an adjustable wring, screwdrivers, a shop class vac, and a strong friend on hand before you begin this process. here ’ s how to remove your toilet flange in seven comfortable steps :
Read more : The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
Reading: How to Remove a Toilet Flange
- Turn off the water supply by rotating the water supply knob behind the toilet in a clockwise direction.
- Empty the toilet by flushing it repeatedly until both bowl and tank are empty. You’ll need to sponge out any water left in the bottom of the bowl and tank.
- Use an adjustable wrench to remove the nuts from either side of the toilet; this will disconnect the toilet from the floor.
- With the help of a friend, gently rock the toilet back and forth to break the wax seal; then, carefully lift the toilet straight up. Move it to an out-of-the-way location.
- Use a putty knife to remove the wax seal off the flange as well as the underside of the toilet. Plan on replacing this with a new seal; you can choose another wax seal, or a new waxless option.
- Remove the toilet flange by unscrewing it from the floor. If the screws are in good condition, save them. You may need to pry out pieces of the old flange with a chisel and hammer. If the flange is really stubborn, it can help to cut it into pieces with a Dremel tool. Once you have successfully removed the flange, use a shop vac and an old rag to clean debris from the area. Keep in mind there are various types of materials closet flanges are made of, various types of connections to the drainage system and floor as well.
- Put the old flange in a plastic bag and take it to the hardware store to make sure you buy the right size flange.
When you are cook to install a raw toilet flange and navy seal, simply repeat these steps in reverse orderliness .
Toilet Installation Professionals
This job can be unmanageable and messy but getting your toilet back in working ordain is worth the feat. If you ’ re not up for the tax, or just don ’ t have the time, call your local Mr. Rooter® Plumbing. Our professional plumbers can make quick bring of your break toilet flange. Call ( 855 ) 982-2028 or request an estimate today. Struggling to keep your toilet clean ? We recommend mollie Maid for ongoing home clean services. Molly Maid is share of Neighborly ’ s residential district of home services providers. Call your local anesthetic Molly Maid to discuss a custom clean plan that includes your toilet and other areas of the house that need special care .