One of my favorite wimp breast recipes & the easiest way to make juicy chicken correct on the stove top. These pan-seared chicken breasts are cooked on the stove and break with season !
Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts
My all time favored stove top chicken breasts recipe is here !
Thanks to a simpleton method acting, the chicken breasts are never dry, always bid, and super tasty. After this recipe, you ’ ll see that wimp couldn ’ t be any easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea .
I have talked about Oven Baked Chicken Breasts and Easy Baked Chicken Breasts, but we have even to discuss a stove clear method acting. Except for that one time when we covered the method acting for Juicy Stove Top Chicken Thighs. 😎
I think it ’ second safe to say that skinless, boneless chicken breasts are the most popular cut of poultry. Am I right ? I think ? They ’ re the most search for ingredient on my web site, that ’ s for certain, and that ’ second because people constantly want a new manner to cook chicken .
frankincense, visualize this : juicy, awesomely seasoned chicken breasts, pan seared in vegetable vegetable oil, and finished off with a tablespoon of butter. That ’ s it. That is all we ’ rhenium doing .
How to Cook Chicken Breasts on the Stove
- Start with a simple seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts. Grease the chicken breasts with cooking spray or oil, then season with salt, fresh ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and dried basil. This dry mix of herbs and spices adds a wonderful zing and flavor to the chicken breasts.
- In the meantime, heat up vegetable oil or canola oil in a large skillet.
- When oil is hot, add chicken breasts to the pan. Cook two chicken breasts at a time because you don’t want to overcrowd your skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes without moving them around.
- Flip the chicken breasts over. Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet, and continue to cook for 7 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Cooking time will always depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Rest. When finished, transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Tips for Success
- Chicken breasts should not be thicker than 1-inch, max. If your chicken breasts are thick, use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken to a smaller and even thickness BEFORE cooking.
- Why are we using vegetable oil and not our beloved olive oil, you ask? BECAUSE, vegetable-based oils have higher smoke points than olive oil. When frying, or pan searing, you need an oil that can withstand the heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat.
- DO NOT stir or move the chicken breasts around while cooking. Let cook for 5 minutes or until you can easily flip them over. If there’s any resistance when trying to flip them, give it another minute before trying again.
- Chicken breasts are cooked through when internal temperature reaches 165F.
How to Store Extras
- In the fridge: Store completely cooled chicken breasts in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze cooked chicken: Wrap completely cooled chicken breasts with plastic wrap and add a layer of aluminum foil over the plastic wrap. Place the wrapped chicken breasts in a freezer bag; seal the bag and place in the freezer. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Chicken Recipes to Try
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts Recipe
Tried and true method for preparing the most tender and juicy chicken breasts right on the stove top.
3 tablespoons vegetable anoint or canola oil oil, divided
4 ( 1 pound sum ) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
strategic arms limitation talks and fresh land pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic gunpowder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Read more: How to Tie a Tie: 7 Knots for All Occasions
teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweetness paprika
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; use a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with newspaper towels .
- Drizzle merely a bite of petroleum over each chicken breast, or spray with cook oil, and rub it all over .
In a small mixing bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and paprika.
Season both sides of each chicken breast with the prepared seasoning; rub it all around.
Add 2 chicken breasts to the hot skillet.
- Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes without moving them around .
Flip both chicken breasts over, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet; swirl butter around and continue to cook the chicken for 7 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Cooking time will always depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Remove chicken breasts from skillet; set aside and keep covered.
- repeat the same method with the remaining 2 chicken breasts .
- When finished, transfer wimp to a cutting board ; let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve .
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
- Chicken breasts should not be thicker than 1-inch, max. If your chicken breasts are thick, use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to a smaller and even thickness BEFORE cooking.
- If there’s a chicken seasoning blend that you absolutely adore, go ahead and use that in place of the one I have given here.
- Why are we using vegetable oil and not olive oil? Because, vegetable-based oils have higher smoke points than olive oil. When frying, or pan searing, you need an oil that can withstand the heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat. DO NOT stir or move the chicken breasts around while cooking. Let cook for 5 minutes or until you can easily flip them over. If there’s any resistance when trying to flip them, give it another minute before trying again.
HOW TO STORE COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Store completely cooled chicken breasts in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts Recipe
Amount Per Serving ( 4 ounces )
Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g
Vitamin A 330IU
Vitamin C 1.3mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
nutritional information is an appraisal and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your prefer nutritional calculator for more detailed information .
chicken breast recipes
Want To Save This Recipe?
Register For An Account ORLogin To Your Account!
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mail to you .