The pancake clobber can be made ahead and refrigerated nightlong, plus the pancakes reheat truly well. besides, the kids love these so we ’ ra winning the breakfast battles with this recipe .
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy .
We love downy homemade pancakes from Ricotta Pancakes to Dutch Baby Pancakes. If you are looking for a new favorite breakfast, these Banana Pancakes are a must-try. They are besides identical easy to make.
Banana Pancake Recipe Video:
If you enjoyed this video for Banana Pancakes, please pledge to our Youtube Channel ( P.S. Click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a newly video recording ) .
A New Family Favorite!
When we find a new family front-runner, we constantly know it ’ s a score when it lands on our regular rotation. These Banana pancakes were a boastfully win with everyone in the family. here ’ s Why :
- Make-Ahead Batter – you can cover and refrigerate the batter overnight then make the pancakes the next day using cold batter right out of the fridge. This is perfect for busy mornings or camping trips.
- Reheat Well – these pancakes can be reheated on a skillet, in the toaster, or in the air fryer until warmed through.
- Soft and Moist – these pancakes have a tender crumb and go down easy.
- Naturally Sweetened – most of the sweetness comes from the bananas. You can omit the 1 Tbsp of sugar if you are cutting out processed sugars.
Ingredients for Banana Pancakes
The key to making great banana pancakes is in using overripe bananas. Just like with making Banana Bread, the more overripe, the fresh your recipe will be. Check out our post on how to ripen bananas faster .
- Bananas – 2 medium bananas should be about 1 cup mashed
- Dry ingredients – (basic pantry staples) all-purpose flour, only 1 Tablespoon sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Buttermilk – activates the baking soda and adds a hint of tangy flavor.
- Eggs – these can be cold, right out of the fridge
- Butter – adding melted butter to the batter makes the pancakes rich and moist.
- Vanilla extract – use real vanilla extract for the best taste
How to Make Banana Pancakes
- Mash Bananas – use a fork to mash the bananas into a chunky applesauce consistency.
- Combine wet ingredients – whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas, and melted butter.
- Combine dry ingredients – whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk wet and dry ingredients – mix just until combined, and do not overmix. The batter should be lumpy.
- Cook pancakes – Heat a cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil then sautee for about 2 minutes per side.
Pro Tip: Use a trigger liberation methamphetamine cream scoop for easy and even assign of the dinge into the frying pan. It ’ second besides less messy .
Are these healthy banana pancakes? Making homemade pancakes is typically healthier than using a box mix. We besides love that they are sweetened by and large with bananas. Check out the nutrition pronounce below for calorie and nutrition estimates. Can I omit the sugar? Since these are chiefly sweetened with banana, you can omit the 1 Tbsp of carbohydrate in the recipe if desired. How long should I sauté the pancakes? These pancakes should be sautéed for about 2 minutes per side. If they are browning excessively promptly, reduce the heat. When should I flip the pancakes? once you see bubbles rise to the top and start to pop, they are cook to flip.
Banana pancakes have bang-up banana relish and we love to serve them with these complimentary toppings :
- Banana Slices
- Toasted and chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maple Syrup
- Honey Butter
- Fresh strawberries or blueberries
More Banana Recipes
If you love this Banana Pancake Recipe, then you won ’ t want to miss these ripe banana recipes .
Easy Banana Pancakes Recipe
Banana Pancakes are an excellent way to use up ripe bananas. You can use cold ingredients straight from the electric refrigerator, the batter refrigerates well, and the pancakes reheat great. Serve banana pancakes with more slice banana, toasted pecans and maple syrup.
Cost to Make:
banana pancake recipe, banana pancakes
all-purpose flour measured correctly
unsalted butter, melted
medium bananas, mashed ( 1 cup )
olive oil divided, to sauté
US Customary – Metric
- In a large mix roll, whisk together flour, carbohydrate, baking pop, and salt. Make a well in the center .
- Mash banana with a fork until a chunky applesauce consistency .
- In a second bowl, combine moisture ingredients : buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas and melted butter. Whisk to combine .
- Pour besotted ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk merely until combined. Do not overmix, the buffet should be lumpy .
- Preheat cast iron or nonstick frying pan or griddle to medium heat ( 350˚F ). Grease your griddle or frying pan with 1 Tbsp olive vegetable oil. Scoop batter 1/4 cup at a time onto your lubricated pan at least an column inch apart .
- cook about 2 minutes per side. Use a spatula to flip pancakes when bubbles start to pop on the surface. Add more anoint as needed and cook remaining batches and serve warm .
*Nutrition pronounce is per pancake and does not include toppings or maple syrup. This recipe makes 12 pancakes .
Easy Banana Pancakes Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Vitamin A 181IU
Vitamin C 2mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Read more: How to Unsubscribe From YouTube Channels