Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways are low carb, filling and perfect for meal prep! Spinach Tomato & Mozzarella, Bacon & Cheddar AND Garlic Mushroom & Peppers!
Whether you ’ re on a low carb or Keto diet, or you need something promptly to grab while running knocked out of the door, Breakfast Egg Muffins are a delightful goodly savior and PERFECT for Meal Prep ! Although eggs are a preferable and versatile breakfast food, not many of us have the time to whip up a Caprese frittata, a steaming pan of Shakshuka, or poached eggs on toast and omelettes in the dawn .
That ’ s where these protein packed egg muffins come in ! Just like mini frittatas, can be cooked ahead of meter and refrigerated for when you need them to grab and go !
If you ’ re like us and love having eggs for breakfast every dawn, shake up your breakfast routine with these mini frittata. This is more like a 3 in 1 recipe : 3 types of Breakfast Egg Muffins to please everyone !
- Spinach Tomato & Mozzarella
- Bacon & Cheddar
- Garlic Mushroom & Peppers
first, you ’ re going to beat your eggs together with salt and pepper and some finely chop onion. Pour the egg mixture into your pan and fill with whatever you like ! Or follow this recipe and try the best tasting jazz band !
SPINACH, TOMATO & MOZZARELLA
Yep ! alone 3 ingredients needed to add into this combination ! I love these drizzled with a little balsamic sugarcoat !
BACON & CHEDDAR
only TWO ingredients needed in this one. To this jazz band you can add chop chives or scallions, chopped asparagus or zucchini, or keep them merely the way they are .
GARLIC MUSHROOM & PEPPERS
Like one of my favorite frittata at our class breakfast bistro, this one tops them all. bolshevik peppers ( or genus capsicum ), with garlic and mushroom would have to be one of the best !
FRITTATA IN A MUFFIN TIN!
You can either spray a 12-capacity NON-STICK muffin tray with a unhorse coating of non-stick oil spray, or course each cup with paper liners. personally I prefer spraying them because I ’ meter, not a huge fan to wallpaper sticking to my frittatas. If you ’ re going to wrinkle them, be certain to get good timbre non-stick liners ( the like texture as parchment or baking paper ) .
We love serving our egg muffins with dice avocado and chopped tomatoes on the side for lend nutriment and good fats .
even though they don ’ t have any flour or baking powder and are wholly gluten complimentary, they are so downy when you bite into them !
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING PERFECT EGG MUFFINS
- Grease your muffin tin properly and use a good quality non stick muffin tray. If in doubt, use parchment paper or cupcake liners to prevent sticking.
- The muffins puff up while they cook in the oven. Fill them 3/4 of the way up to prevent overflow.
- Let your muffins cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove them. Run a plastic knife or spatula around the inside walls of the muffin holes to help loosen them if needed.
HOW DO YOU STORE EGG MUFFINS?
Pack them into airtight containers and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make a batch in promote and then heat them up in the microwave ( normally 10-15 seconds in adequate ) when ready to eat !
HOW TO FREEZE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
Let the egg muffins cool completely, then wrap individually in credit card wrapping and pop them in a freezer-safe zip-lock base. They will last for up to 2 months .
To reheat, unwrap from the fictile wrap and fold them in a dampen paper towel. Heat in the microwave in 20 irregular increments until warmed through .
Breakfast quick in no clock time !
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS 3 WAYS
Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways
Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways are low carb, filling and quick to grab while running out of the door! Spinach Tomato & Mozzarella, Bacon & Cheddar AND Garlic Mushroom & Peppers! Protein packed eggs muffins are just like mini frittatas, can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated for when you need them to grab and go!
SAVE go to your favorites
- 12 big eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, ( red, flannel or yellow/brown )
- Salt and capsicum, to taste
TOMATO SPINACH MOZZARELLA:
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, approximately chopped
- 8 grapeshot or cerise tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella tall mallow
- 1/4 cup fudge bacon, chop
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
GARLIC MUSHROOM PEPPER:
- 1/4 cup
sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, ( genus capsicum ), diced
- 1 tablespoon clean chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/3 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F | 180°C. lightly spray a 12-cup capacity muffin tin with nonstick oil spray .
- In a big stadium, whisk together eggs and onion. Season with salt and pepper, to taste .
- Add egg assortment halfway up into each tin of a lubricated muffin tin .
Divide the three topping combinations into 4 muffin cups each.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
Let cool slightly, then serve OR store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.
- enjoy !