This cheese quesadilla is so simpleton but therefore delectable ! In less than 10 minutes you can have a bum, crisp, warm quesadilla at the ready for a quick lunch or a family-favorite dinner. And the best separate ? You can add early ingredients to make this a clean-out-the-fridge meal any night of the week !
You Will Love This
- You’ll need just 3 ingredients for this simple comfort food! Flour tortillas, a little bit of butter, and shredded cheese are all it takes to make these delicious cheese quesadillas.
- It’s like Taco Bell, but better – and just as fast. It’s easy to swing by the Taco Bell drive-thru for a fast meal, but making it yourself is so much better! I love copycat recipes and this one tastes just like a Taco Bell cheese quesadilla.
- If you loved this cheese quesadilla recipe, be sure to check out my:
- Easy Oven Baked Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- 10 Minute Cheesy Gordita Crunch
- Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Butter – Butter is best for quesadillas but you can sub with olive oil or cooking spray as well.
- Shredded Cheese – I use a blend of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack and typically shred them myself.
- Flour Tortillas – Flour tortillas are nice and soft and will brown perfectly in the pan while the cheese melts. You can use any size flour tortilla depending on how large you want your quesadilla. If you’re using a burrito size flour tortilla, you can fold it over in half instead of topping it with another tortilla. You could also use corn tortillas if you prefer.
Melt half the butter in a large frying pan or griddle over medium hotness. Once it stops foaming, add one tortilla to the pan .
go around shredded cheese in an tied layer all the room out to the edges.
Reading: The Best Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
top with remaining flour tortilla. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining butter and cook the other side .
Use a pizza cutter to slice the quesadilla in half and then in one-half again, creating 4 wedges. Serve with Creamy Avocado Sauce, garnish with chopped green onion or chopped fresh coriander, and delight !
- Shred your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese from the grocery store is coated in cellulose so that it doesn’t clump together which also prevents it from melting well. Grate your own fresh cheese for the best flavor and texture!
- Serve with my homemade Creamy Avocado Sauce! Add just a few minutes to your prep time, and throw together my delicious 5 Minute Avocado Sauce – it’s the perfect dip for your quesadilla!
- Spice it up! When you put the cheese on the tortilla, sprinkle with some chili powder, paprika, and cumin to add a little kick, or use your favorite taco seasoning.
- Scale this recipe to feed your family! This recipe makes just one quesadilla but you can double or triple the amounts of everything to make as many as you want! If you are looking to feed a crowd, check out my sheet pan baked quesadilla recipe which allows you to make several quesadillas all at one time on a baking sheet!
The Best cheese for Quesadillas
Any tall mallow that melts well will work for quesadillas. however, you can use any combination of :
- Chihuahua cheese
- Oaxaca cheese
- mild cheddar cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
Serve Quesadilla With
- creamy avocado sauce
- crockpot queso
- sour cream
- hot sauce or taco sauce
Feel free to switch up the ingredients in these quesadillas ! A elementary cheese quesadilla is delectable but you can besides add :
Read more : Receding hairline: Treatment, stages, and causes
What cheese is best for quesadillas? Cheddar, Chihuahua, or Monterey Jack – or a mix of all three – are my darling cheeses for quesadilla. Feel rid to use whatever melty tall mallow you ‘ve got on hand and be sure to shred it yourself for the best texture ! What do you put in a Cheese Quesadilla? cheese quesadillas typically good have cheese but you can add whatever you ‘d like ! Veggies, chicken, and black beans are a few of my darling add-ins. How do you make quesadillas taste better? Like most things in life – butter makes it better ! A quesadilla will cook nicely in the fry pan without butter, but once you try a quesadilla made with sizzling butter you wo n’t want to make it any early way ! not only does the butter add relish, it besides creates a delightful crisp texture as well.
Make-Ahead, Storage, and Reheating
- Make-Ahead: These cheese quesadillas are best served fresh and warm. However, you can make these an hour or so ahead and reheat them just before serving.
- Storage: Store quesadillas in aluminum foil or an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Reheating: Reheat quesadillas a skillet on the stove over low heat until it is warmed through and the cheese is melted. Or, you can also reheat these in the oven on a sheet pan at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Easy Family Dinner Recipes
Leave a gloss below !
Liked the recipe?
Leave a remark below !
Made this dish?
Leave a comment and star rat below !