The 5 Best Personal Trainer Certifications
There ’ s no dearth of programs offering a personal trainer certificate. however, to ensure that you get your money ’ second deserving, you very want to choose a program with a gamey pedigree, such as one of the five train documentation courses listed below .
These programs are all lead by venerable fitness institutions, combining up-to-date seaworthiness skill and methodologies with the convenience of outdistance determine. additionally, many include professional guidance, internship placements and other aid to get you out of the classroom quickly—and into your first fitness train position. here ’ s a closer look at some of the best personal flight simulator certifications available today .
1. International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
The International Sports Sciences Association is another option, particularly for those students who require distance education. The ISSA bills itself as “ the trainer ’ randomness flight simulator, ” offering a huge diverseness of self-paced outdistance courses in many different fitness and health-related topics. They even have an Associate ’ s Degree plan in Exercise Science, for those interest in improving their cognition .
The Personal Trainer Certificate, while not an undergraduate degree, however provides fitness instructors and trainers with the skills they need to provide comprehensive fitness prepare .
- Curriculum. ISSA ’ s personal trainer documentation is built around the philosophic and scientific aspects of fitness—anatomy, health assessment, and campaign principles—with an center toward applying those skills in a hardheaded, daily environment. therefore, the course of study besides includes sections on business management and marketing, arsenic good as tailoring programs to meet the divers requirements and needs of clients. coursework is self-paced and students receive a consecrated scholar achiever coach to help them whenever needed .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. The self-paced course of study is divided into practice quizzes, which will not affect your overall sexual conquest. however, completion of all quizzes is required. Candidates must be 18 years of age but do not need a gamey school diploma or equivalent. Students are required to have a valid CPR/AED/First Aid Certification, which can be purchased online through ISSA .
- Testing. The ISSA examination is an untimed, open-book test available on-line. If you don ’ thymine pass the first gear time, ISSA provides you with a free retest choice. You can find out more information about courses and testing by downloading the Certification Course Catalog .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. Students who pass ISSA ’ s final examination are set up with a FREE professional web site to kick-start your career and market yourself as a health and fitness pro. ISSA besides offers a across-the-board range of extra documentation programs and continuing education courses, covering everything from nutrition to online coach. For a limited fourth dimension, take 20 % off ISSA certification when using promo code FT20 .
Try ISSA for release ! Become a personal flight simulator
2. The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF)
The National Council on Strength & Fitness ( NCSF ) is a globally recognized organization for exercise professionals. The authentication plan is accredited in the United States ( NCCA ) and Europe ( EA ) offering documentation at over 1000 testing sites in 83 countries global. exercise professionals can specialize in personal educate, potency & condition ampere well as sports and fitness nutriment. The accredited programs can be taken anywhere in the World on-line using the NCSF easy-learning system and remote testing platform. additionally, the certification programs are offered through hundreds of colleges and universities across the U.S. The certifications are internationally portable to countries with register systems for exert professionals including the United States, Canada, Europe, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and India representing over a quarter-million professionals .
- Curriculum. The course of study is developed based on a Job Task Analysis for personal trainers which reflects both the U.S. and international standards. The personal Trainer broadcast utilizes self-guided ( on-line ) or guided direction ( workshops, train schools, and colleges ) to teach this course of study which includes physical evaluations and testing, result-based train methodologies, programming models for varied population segments, nutrition and weight management, and advance direction in resistor aim, corrective exercise, flexibility, and aerobic fitness. scholar cognition and skill development follow logically sequenced learn modules with interactional, engaging videos and study tools that culminate in the successful completion of the certificate examination .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. In order to take the NCSF-CPT examination, you must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma ( or equivalent ). CPR/AED is required once certified .
- Testing. Examinations can be taken on-line or at a local examination center when ready, through the organization ‘s on-demand test servicing .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. NCSF offers a career concentrate and placement aid through our corporate partners angstrom well as flight simulator ’ sulfur tools through the NCSF App. For proceed department of education the NCSF offers workshops, on-line courses, and family report programs. additionally, Certified Personal Trainers can move on to become a certify Strength and Conditioning Coach and/or Nutrition Specialist .
Try NCSF and Take 50 % off certificate !
3. Fitness Mentors – Personal Training and Online Personal Training Certifications
fitness Mentors is leading the industry in preparing trainers for the future and new-aged fitness landscape. It is more significant than ever to have trainers understand both in-person train and virtual/online personal aim. With all courses and testing being 100 % on-line, this choice stands out for those that want to train clients privately, in the gymnasium, and on-line, providing education that helps set up all forms of seaworthiness businesses. For the flight simulator that knows they want to train on-line, we highly recommend their ultimate Online Training Bundle that includes their Online Personal Training Certification, Virtual Nutrition Coach Certification, Virtual Group Fitness Instructor Certification and Virtual Health Coach Certification .
- Curriculum. fitness Mentors Personal Trainer Certification and Online Trainer Certification concenter on the exercise skill principles that lead to effective fitness scheduling to help clients achieve a diverseness of health goals including, fatty loss, muscleman gain/hypertrophy, forte improvement for athletes, and survival for the general population and endurance athletes. What I find most alone is their emphasis on the best business, market, and sales techniques that show you how to start and run a personal train business and on-line personal train business from the anchor up. The course exploit is self-paced and includes a personal fitness mentor to aid you in the study process .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. The criterion CPR/AED documentation is a prerequisite to earning your certificate, but the test can be taken prior to obtaining CPR/AED. Due to the self-paced nature of the program, the student can test vitamin a soon as they feel quick, but Fitness Mentors does provide a four and eight-week report timeline for optimum examination training .
- Testing. The Fitness Mentors CPT and Online Trainer Certifications are both taken on-line and, in your home, with the CPT having a 120-minute time limit to complete the 100 wonder examination. The CPT boasts one of the highest passing rates in the diligence at around 85 % achiever for first-time takers. If you do not pass the examination on your first gear test, a dislodge retest is available if you go with their professional software. You can learn more about their test at the penetrate of this page here .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. One of the best resources in the Fitness Mentors Curriculum is the Facebook and Instagram Success module, covering how to get clients through these platforms. This is alone to FM and not offered by other certifications, setting FM apart as the leader in Online Client skill. Fitness Mentors besides offers a wide array of extra certifications for trainers that want to focus on nutrition, sports nutrition, nutrition coach, special populations, business and sales, pain management, group seaworthiness, and health coaching. fitness Mentors has provided our readers with a limited discount of 20 % off all courses using coupon code FitnessTrainer20 .
Try Fitness Mentors ! Become a trainer
4. American Council on Exercise (ACE)
The american Council on Exercise ( ACE ) empowers trainers and fitness experts with one simple directing : perplex people moving. The training course and resources are built on that straightforward foundation, offering teaching that meets clients at their level, whether that means a base on balls in the parking lot or a high-performance triathlon .
And that singular mission seems to have results ; the personal trainer program boasts over 53,000 graduates, with over one million node sessions all over the ball. ACE offers separate certification programs for Personal Trainers, Group Fitness Instructors, Health Coaches, and Medical Exercise Specialists. The personal train platform consists of the succeed :
- Curriculum. The course of study for personal trainers revolves around the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® model, which emphasizes customize coach programs to meet versatile individual challenges and goals. The coach cycle for each program falls into four phases : serve, health, seaworthiness, performance. Each phase emphasizes different aspects of health : mobility and constancy educate, aerobic practice, survival and efficiency train, and more. The ACE documentation teaches trainers how to rank clients into one of the four phases, and how to design a customize prepare program around each group ’ mho goals and abilities .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. In order to sit for an examination, candidates must hold a valid CPR/AED certificate at clock of registration with hot skills check ( not online merely ). Candidates must be over 18 .
- Testing. The program culminates with an in-person examination covering the lessons outlined in the ACE Academy Elite 2018 guide and the ACE Personal Trainer Manual eBook. Find out more about testing in the loose Certification Exam Candidate Handbook .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. ACE offers a robust library of resources for license trainers, including recertification programs, a career center, on-line courses, workshops and events, and live webinars .
Take 50 % Off ACE Personal Trainer Certification !
5. National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
The National Academy of Sports Medicine ( NASM ) is a respect administration of sports and fitness professionals. For over thirty years, the academy has been offering training and resources for those involved in the fitness education, with the goal of offering an elect, science-based overture to personal train .
Thanks to that extraordinary pedigree, they have turned out over 190,000 personal training certifications in the last 10 years, making them one of the most popular programs in the industry .
- Curriculum. NASM ’ s certification relies on the organization ’ s proprietorship Optimum Performance Training™ ( OPT™ ) model. Using the latest scientific research as a footing, the program explores a wide kind of fitness and health predictors, including flexibility, kernel stabilization, libra, lastingness, power, and cardiopulmonary endurance. NASM offers both self-guided and lead education programs with a digital casebook, video lectures, drill quizzes, exercise library and study guides, designed to help fitness professionals build training routines and steering that employ evidence-backed inquiry .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. In order to become a NASM-CPT, individuals must have earned a gamey school diploma or GED, and current CPR/AED Certification anterior to sitting for the examination .
- Testing. Like all PT authentication programs, NASM-CPT candidates must pass the Certified Professional Trainer exam with a grade above the cut score. To learn more about NASM-CPT examination, review the organization ’ south Candidate Handbook .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. Trainers who receive documentation through the NASM are eligible for placement in their Gymternship™ platform, which gives personal trainers hands-on have, and the potential to earn a permanent wave topographic point at a seaworthiness facility. Certificate holders can besides continue their education by pursuing the constitution ’ s Advanced Specializations, including courses in Fitness Nutrition, Group Training, Weight Loss Training, Senior Fitness, Women ’ randomness Fitness and more. The NASM besides hosts know workshops and an annual league for attest professionals .
Try the # 1 NASM CPT Online Study Guide
* American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
The american College of Sports Medicine ( ACSM ) is a well-respected professional arrangement among seaworthiness pros across the ball. ACSM boasts an impressive membership of over 50,000 fitness professionals, with chapters in 90 different countries .
ACSM holds itself and its candidates to what it calls its “ amber standard, ” which the organization describes as “ setting the bar a little bit higher ” than other professional organizations/certifications. The administration has a scientifically-minded bent, encouraging members to drive fitness skill research forward .
- Curriculum. ACSM ’ s personal flight simulator documentation courses prepare students for a variety of different fitness settings, including gymnasium, universities, and early fitness facilities. The course of study is a combination of hardheaded cognition and scientific research, instructing students to create individual educate programs for individuals across all walks of life .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. In order to take the ACSM PTC examination, you must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma ( or equivalent ) and hold an adult CPR/AED Certification .
- Testing. All exams are scheduled with Pearson VUE, and covers the information outlined in the Personal Training Exam Content Outline .
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. ACSM offers many opportunities for advance determine and professional development, including recertification programs, regular events and conferences, and several specialist certifications for working with special populations .
* National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
As you might imagine, the National Strength and Conditioning Association ( NSCA ) focuses chiefly on force and discipline educate. Their CPT course prepares future fitness professionals to assess, motivate, train and educate clients using an individual access. With research-backed course materials, this certification is a good meet for anyone pursuing a future in fitness train .
- Curriculum. The NSCA CPT exam covers four main areas : Client Consultation/Fitness Assessment, Program Planning, Exercise Techniques, and Safety/Emergency Issues. These topics cover how to assess client needs based on health history, seaworthiness grade and nutriment. They besides teach students how to design a comprehensive train program using customer goals as a benchmark. They besides address special need clients, and teach students how to train clients safely and how to respond to hand brake issues .
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements. In rate to sit for the NSCA CPT examination, candidates must be at least 18 years old and hold a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must besides hold a current CPR and AED certificate .
Testing. The examination consists of 140 score questions and 15 non-scored multiple-choice questions, covering material outlined in the NSCA Certification Handbook.
Read more: How to Request Duplicate W-2
- Continuing Education and Career Resources. The NSCA has many opportunities for stay studies, including extra train programs for the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Special Population Specialist and Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator. The basis besides produces regular publications and journals. membership in the NSCA offers access to a job board and career growth resources a well .