Licenses and Permits
Ohio and federal fishing laws are presented in a summarize form. Ohio laws in their entirety can be found by consulting the Ohio Revised Code ( ORC ) or the Ohio Administrative Code ( OAC ). These laws are subject to change. It is the province of the angler to be aware of the most current laws when fish .
Purchase Your Fishing License Online
Fishing License Options
annual fishing licenses are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase. Annual and multiyear fish licenses are valid from the date of buy until the termination date printed on the license .
A complete list of license options and prices for fish can be found in the current Ohio Fishing Regulations.
Reading: Buy Your Fishing License
LICENSES & PERMITS
Persons under 16 years of senesce are not required to purchase a fishing license.
Resident Youth Lifetime License …. $ 430.56
Resident 1-Day License …. $ 14.00
Resident 1-Year Upgraded from a 1-Day License* ( see below ) …. $ 12.00
Resident 1-Year License …. $ 25.00
Resident 3-Year License …. $ 72.11
Resident 5-Year License …. $ 120.18
Resident 10-Year License …. $ 240.36
Resident Lifetime License …. $ 599.04
Resident Senior Licenses
Resident 1-Year License …. $ 10.00
Resident 3-Year License …. $ 27.04
Resident 5-Year License …. $ 45.07
Resident Lifetime License …. $ 84.24
Nonresident 1-Day License …. $ 14.00
Nonresident 1-Year License Upgraded from a 1-Day* ( see below ) …. $ 37.44
Nonresident 3-Day License …. $ 25.00
Nonresident 1-Year License …. $ 50.96
Card and Duplicate
Resident Ohio Conservation Card …. $ 4.00
Duplicate License – loose reprints are available at wildohio.gov …. $ 4.00
*A one-day fish license may be applied as credit toward the purchase of an annual license
ABOUT LICENSES & PERMITS
Multiyear Fishing Licenses (Ohio Residents Only)
A multiyear license allows an Ohio house physician the opportunity to lock-in rates and debar transaction fees for the duration of the license. These licenses can be purchased for 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years. Permits and stamps must be purchased per annum .
Multiyear license customers may pay extra fee for hard plastic license ( Ohio Conservation Card ) if desired.
Read more: The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
Lifetime Fishing Licenses (Ohio Residents Only)
A life license creates an Ohio custom that lasts a life ! A life license, purchased for yourself or as a gift, provides a life of outdoors use, regardless of where they live in the future. The monetary value of the license offers considerable savings and convenience to the holder and supports conservation programs. tax income generated by life licenses provide long-run fiscal back for Ohio ’ s fish and wildlife .
All Lifetime license holders will be mailed a plastic tease ( Ohio Conservation Card ) to serve as their license .
- A fishing license is required to take fish from Ohio waters.
- A fishing license is required to take frogs or turtles on public and private property.
- Persons fishing in privately owned ponds, lakes, or reservoirs that are open to public fishing through an agreement or lease with the ODNR Division of Wildlife are required to have a fishing license.
- Persons fishing must have their license in their possession while fishing and must show the license to anyone on request. Licenses can be displayed using a mobile device.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty stationed in Ohio, but not on leave or furlough are required to purchase a resident license.
A fishing license is not required of persons who are :
- Less than 16 years of age. This includes frogs and turtles
- Persons fishing in privately owned ponds, lakes, or reservoirs to and from which fish do not migrate are not required to have a license to take fish
- Giving assistance to an angler who has been issued the free mobility impaired or blind fishing license, provided the two persons together are using only one line
- Fishing, or taking frogs and turtles, on land and water which they or their parents own, except where the land is in or borders on state parks or state-owned lakes
- Fishing, or taking frogs and turtles, on land and water where they or their parents are tenants on which they reside, and from which they derive the majority of their income from agricultural production on that land (except state-owned lakes)
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty while on leave or furlough
- All Ohio residents may fish without a license on Free Fishing Days (consult the fishing regulations for dates)
Free License Eligibility
- Ohio residents born on or before December 31, 1937 can obtain a free license at any license outlet or online
- The following Ohio residents are also eligible for a free license, but must submit a formal application (Form DNR 9032), which is available by calling 1-800-WILDLIFE (1-800-945-3543)
- Persons who are mobility impaired and required the assistance of another person to cast and retrieve
- Holders of veteran license plates displaying the international wheelchair symbol
- Certain veterans who are permanently disabled
- Residents of state and county institutions
- Former prisoners of war
Ohio’s Wildlife Licensing System
Customers with internet access can visit the Ohio Wildlife Licensing System to obtain products or manage their customer bill with the Ohio Division of Wildlife .
Purchase Licenses and Permits
Any license, permit, or a double license can be obtained through the Ohio Wildlife Licensing System. Customers are required to have an account and update their customer phonograph record anterior to making a buy. Licenses and permits can be printed as required when payment is made .
Complete Game Check
Once the harvested animal is tagged, hunters have the option to complete the game check process on-line .
Lottery applications for controlled deer hunts, waterfowl hunts, and fishing opportunities can be purchased through the Ohio Wildlife Licensing System. available opportunities will be listed on the license survival foliate when applications are accepted. Applicants will receive an e-mail after lottery drawings have been completed .
Wild Ohio Store
The rampantly Ohio Store is where customers can purchase non-license products from the Division of Wildlife. available products include Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamps, Wild Ohio Magazine memberships, endow certificates, and donations.
Hunter and Trapper Education Classes
All hunters and trappers must complete an education course prior to purchasing any hunt license or trapping license, except an apprentice license. registration information and previous certifications can be viewed using the Manage Your Customer Account connect in Ohio ‘s Wildlife Licensing System .
Manage Your Customer Account
Customers have access to opinion and update their customer data by viewing the Manage Your Customer Account radio link in the Ohio ‘s Wildlife Licensing System. Customers can besides view their hunter and trapper path registrations, print their customer ID card which indicates their course certifications, view their licenses and game see for the stream class, view their lottery applications and results, and view the condition of their Wild Ohio Magazine membership and give certificates. Please note only the current license year information is available. Please shout 1-800-WILDLIFE (1-800-945-3543) if previous license or game check information is required or errors are identified .
Get State Park Discounts with Your License!
Eight Ohio State Park Lodges are supporting the state ’ second outdoor enthusiasts by offering room discounts to anyone with valid Ohio fishing, hunting or trapping licenses and to those holding an Ohio Wildlife Legacy stamp.
Read more: How to Tie a Tie: 7 Knots for All Occasions
Those holding the Wildlife Legacy stamp receive a 25% discount, and those with a fish, hunting or trapping license receive a 10% discount off their lodge room or cabin. valid licenses or stamps must be presented upon check-in. The discount rate is available for advance reservations and those walking in to the lodges. Some amnesia dates and restrictions apply .
To make advance reservations, call 1-800-282-7275 or book on-line and use the promo codes LICENSE or LEGACY .
Visit the Discounts on Camping & Lodging page and the Great Ohio Lodges page for more information .