Text forwarding methods
When it comes to text message forwarding, you have a few options to choose from. Some are easy as 1-2-3, while others are preferably boring. Read through our list to find the best text message forwarding option for you .
How to forward text messages using iPhone
First up, there ’ s the conventional way to forward text messages on iPhone or iPad. It ’ south reasonably elementary if you know what you ’ rhenium doing, but quite unintuitive if it ’ s your beginning fourth dimension testing out the feature on an io device. here ’ s how to forward text messages on iPhone, bit-by-bit :
1. In the messages app, press and hold the text message bubble you wish to forward. 2. Select the “ More… ” choice from the pop fly menu. 3. You ’ ll see the selected message with a blue checkmark picture next to it. here you have the choice to select extra messages to forward . 4. then, select the arrow picture in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. 5. Type the name of the contact you ’ d like to forward the message to and press the fleeceable “ send ” arrow to complete the forwarding action. 6. To exit the textbook message forwarding choice screen, select the “ Cancel ” choice in the top-right corner of the screen. The black flaw with iPhone ’ s text message forwarding system is any forward text appears to come directly from you, not the original transmitter. To forward a text conversation, it ’ s much easier to screenshot and send the images to the desired recipient via iMessage or SMS .
How to forward a text on Android
There ’ s a similar text forwarding proficiency for Android phones. If you ’ re not an iPhone user, follow the steps below to forward SMS messages from your android device :
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to forward.
- Press the three vertical dots icon that appears.
- Tap “Forward.”
- Select a contact to send the message to. Then, tap the send button to complete the message forwarding.
The classical tried-and-true method acting of forwarding a text message is to simply copy and paste the message. once again, this method acting provides the recipient role with no data about the source of the original message. You ’ ll have to put the message into context for clarity. Plus, copy-pasting messages is a drag. Nothing ’ second more inconvenient than copy-pasting an entire textbook message chain, particularly when there are easier text forwarding techniques out there .
How to forward a text message to email
Certain phone services offer the ability to forward a textbook to an electronic mail report. Forwarding text to email is a dependable way of gaining access to multiple phone numbers while on the adam. If you need to leave one or more of your devices at home, for example, you can even count on receiving text updates via e-mail. OpenPhone is a voice over Internet Protocol ( VoIP ) provider with a standout text-to-email forwarding system. After signing up for an OpenPhone business phone report, you ’ ll be able to keep your personal count private ( and even provide access to your total to teammates if you want — equitable like a shared electronic mail inbox ) and then forward texts to any electronic mail address you ’ d like . You can even add multiple e-mail addresses separated by commas so any incoming messages ( such as replies to appointment confirmation text ) ahead to more than one inbox. Plus, you have the option to get electronic mail notifications for miss calls or receive forwarded voice mail messages .
How to forward text messages to Slack
textbook and e-mail aren ’ t the merely big business communication tools. For organizations that use Slack as a centralized home communication tool, forwarding text messages to Slack is utilitarian. It gives you the ability to run customer feedback by your whole team and streamline your overall communications. With OpenPhone, you can complete the whole apparatus process in three easy steps, just like forwarding a text to email :
- Sign into your OpenPhone account (Not using OpenPhone yet? Try out for free for seven days.)
- Connect OpenPhone to Slack through the OpenPhone Admin Dashboard. Choose the Slack channel you’d like to post to, then press “Allow” to grant OpenPhone access to your Slack workspace.
- Select which events — incoming new messages, missed calls, or voicemails — you want automatically forwarded to Slack.
immediately, all of those events will appear in your selected Slack channel. Your entire Slack team will be up to speed on your latest inner developments and customer communications .
How to forward messages onto HubSpot
OpenPhone ’ s latest crowning accomplishment is its fresh OpenPhone HubSpot consolidation have. If your team uses HubSpot to manage your active pipeline, you know just what a big share this is. previously, you had to manually log all of your calls and text in HubSpot. With this newly consolidation, you can now :
- Sync your HubSpot and OpenPhone contacts.
- Automatically log phone activities (including incoming and outgoing calls, call recordings, texts, and voicemail).
- Call contacts directly from HubSpot with your OpenPhone number.
Why use text message forwarding?
Text forwarding comes with a host of benefits, ranging from organizational improvements to improved customer gratification. here are the top reasons why you should be using text message forwarding for your business .
Take advantage of virtual numbers
When you ’ re conducting international commercial enterprise or using virtual phone numbers, it ’ south nice to have all of your business communications in one easy-to-access inbox. Teammates who need access to a act can do VoIP texting and calling — and be able to review the entire conversation history in one single stead with any liaison. If person needs updates, but doesn ’ t indigence access to your number, you can placid keep them in the loop on conversations happening using our integrations mentioned above .
Improve your customer service
The more streamline your communications summons is, the better your customer service. In tandem with automatize text message, textbook message forwarding can help you deliver more timely responses to your clients, boosting your company ’ s reputation .
Enjoy increased flexibility
Remote work is becoming a fixture in nowadays ’ sulfur occupation universe. The ability to receive textbook anytime, anywhere is plainly more convenient for you and your customers when conducting commercial enterprise. Or take this scenario : You ’ ve lost your call or need a colleague to take over your node relations temporarily and they prefer to get entrance text alerts via e-mail. Text forwarding offers you the flexibility you need in those circumstances, excessively .
Learn how to forward a text message easily with OpenPhone’s VoIP phone system
As a premier VoIP service supplier, OpenPhone prides itself on a across-the-board align of features and stand-out customer service. In terms of textbook forwarding functionality, our goal is to make your life vitamin a easy as possible. Simply customize your OpenPhone setting to get textbook messages forwarded directly to Slack, HubSpot, or your e-mail .
Text forwarding FAQ
Does call forwarding include texts? No ; if your provider offers call forward, the service typically doesn ’ metric ton include text. You ’ ll motivation to find a divide solution for SMS text message forward .Can you automatically forward text messages? There are several ways to automatically forward text messages. You can forward textbook to extra Apple devices natively on iPhone, make practice of an SMS forward third-party app, or use OpenPhone ’ s text forwarding feature .Can you forward a text message to your email? Yes ; forwarding a text message to your e-mail is immediate and simpleton with OpenPhone ’ s e-mail consolidation sport. After you ’ ve set up your forward overhaul, it ’ ll faithfully and systematically forward text messages directly to your electronic mail .Can I forward my text messages to another iPhone? If you have two iPhones, you can forward text messages from one to another, equally hanker as both devices are connected to your Apple ID. Bypass this Apple ID requirement by using OpenPhone to forward your incoming text to any e-mail inbox. To learn more about how to forward a text via OpenPhone, test out our VoIP service for yourself. Sign up for your free test today to explore everything OpenPhone has to offer.
5/5 – ( 2 votes )