What to Know
- Open the email you want to forward and go to the Message tab. In the Respond group, select Forward. Or, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F.
- Address the forwarded message to the intended contact or contacts. You can add or remove recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes.
- Add a message. Trim the message text of the forwarded email, if you like, and check the subject. Select Send to forward the email.
This article explains how to forward an electronic mail in Microsoft Outlook. Instructions cover Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010.
How to Forward a message in Outlook
Have you received an electronic mail message that could be of manipulation or of amusement to person else equally well ? There is barely a better, faster, or easier way to share it than forwarding it in Outlook.
When you forward an electronic mail, you send the entire message to another contact vitamin a well as any extra information you wish to include .
- open Outlook and go to your inbox .
Highlight or open the e-mail you want to forward .
To forward multiple messages as attachments, go to either the Message List pane or the search results and select all the emails you want to forward .
- Go to the Home check ( with the message highlighted or open in the Reading pane ) or the Message tab key ( with the electronic mail open in its own window ) .
In the Respond group, blue-ribbon Forward.
alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F .
- If the forward opens in the Reading Pane, but you want to open it in a break window, select the Pop-Out clitoris in the upper-right corner of the message. When you use this option, you have access to all of the format features and other tools on the ribbon .
Address the forward message to the intended contact or contacts. You can add or remove recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc text boxes. Select To, Cc, or Bcc, then choose a recipient from your contacts. alternatively, type the recipient ’ mho name or e-mail address in the box .
To remove a recipient, select the name, then press Delete .
Add a message to the message body. Trim the message text of the forward e-mail to hide e-mail addresses and other private information in the original message, if desired .
If you forward the electronic mail as an attachment, you can not trim it .
Check the submit line. Forwarded messages have FW: in front of the original subject. You can change this by typing in the national corner, or you can leave it as it is .
Read more: The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
- choice Send or use the keyboard shortcut Alt+S to send the message .
As an option, redirect messages in Outlook. You can besides create rules to forward e-mail messages mechanically in Outlook .