Locate a device in Find My on iPhone
Use the Find My app to locate and play a audio on a missing iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, or Beats headphones ( corroborate models ). In order to locate a device, you must turn on Find My [ device ] before it ’ south lost. bill : If you want to see how far away your devices are from you, make sure you turn on Precise Location for the Find My app. See Control the placement information you share on iPhone. If you lose your iPhone and don ’ t have access to the Find My app, you can locate or play a fathom on your device using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com .
About locating a device
- You can use Find My on your iPhone to see the placement of your device on a map and play a good on it to help you find it. If the device is on-line, you see the localization of the device. If the device is offline, you see the localization of the device the last clock it went online or connected to the Find My network.
Reading: Locate a device in Find My on iPhone
- For AirPods and supported Beats headphones, you can locate them when they ’ re nearby your device and connected to Bluetooth. For support AirPods, you can besides see their location via the Find My network for up to 24 hours after they end connected to your device, even if they ’ re not nearby .
- For iPhone Leather Wallet with Find My support, you can see its placement when it ’ randomness attached to your iPhone and its last known location if it detaches from your iPhone .
See the location of your device on a map
You can see your device ’ second stream or last known localization in the Find My app. Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the identify of the device you want to locate .
- If the device can be located : It appears on the map so you can see where it is .
- If the device can ’ thyroxine be located : You see “ No localization found ” under the device ’ s name. Under Notifications, turn on Notify When Found. You receive a presentment once it ’ south located. Important: Make surely you allow notifications for the Find My app. See Change presentment settings on iPhone .
For troubleshooting steps, see the Apple Support article If Find My iPhone is offline or not working .
Play a sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch
- Tap Devices at the buttocks of the sieve, then tap the name of the device you want to play a reasoned on .
- Tap Play Sound .
- If the device is on-line : A sound starts after a short stay and gradually increases in volume, then plays for about two minutes. The device vibrates ( if applicable ). A Find My [ device ] alert appears on the device ’ mho screen. A ratification e-mail is besides sent to your Apple ID electronic mail address .
- If the device is offline : You see voice Pending. The sound plays the next prison term the device connects to a Wi-Fi or cellular network .
Siri: Say something like : “ Play a reasoned on my ipod touch ” or “ Where ’ s my iPad ? ” Learn how to ask Siri .
Play a sound on your AirPods or Beats headphones
You can play a sound on your AirPods or Beats headphones if they ’ re out of their case. In io 15.0.1 or by and by, if you turn on the Find My network for supported AirPods, you can besides play a sound if they ’ re inside their case.
- Tap Devices at the bottomland of the screen, then tap the name of the AirPods or Beats headphones you want to play a strait on .
- Tap Play Sound. If your AirPods or AirPods Pro are separated, you can mute one by tapping Left or Right to find them one at a time .
- If the device is on-line : It plays a sound immediately for two minutes .
- If the device is offline : You receive a presentment the future time your device is in range of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Important: Make sure you allow notifications for the Find My app. See Change presentment settings on iPhone .
Stop playing a sound on a device
If you find your device and want to turn off the sound before it stops mechanically, do one of the follow :
- iPhone, iPad, or ipod touch : press the power button or a book button, or flip the Ring/Silent switch. If the device is locked, you can besides unlock it, or swipe to dismiss the Find My [ device ] alert. If the device is unlock, you can besides tap OK in the Find My [ device ] alarm .
- Apple Watch : Tap Dismiss in the Find My Watch alarm, or press the Digital Crown or side button .
- macintosh : Click OK in the Find My Mac alert .
- AirPods or Beats headphones : Tap Stop in Find My .
Get directions to a device
You can get turn-by-turn directions to your device if you see its location on the map. In io 15.0.1 or late, you can get extra instructions for supported AirPods if you turned on the Find My network for them and you ’ rhenium near them .
- Tap Devices at the bottom of the blind, then tap the name of the device you want to get directions to .
- Do one of the following :
- Turn-by-turn directions : Tap Directions to open the Maps app . See get directions in Maps.
- nearby find : If you ’ ra near your AirPods, water faucet Find. Start moving around to locate your AirPods and follow the onscreen instructions. As you get closer, the textbook will change from “ far ” to “ near ” to “ here. ”
Locate or play a sound on a friend’s device
If your acquaintance loses a device, they can locate it or play a phone on it by going to icloud.com/find and signing in with their Apple ID and password. To learn more, see Locate a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com in the iCloud User Guide. If you set up family Sharing, you can use Find My to locate a syndicate member ’ south missing device .