Reading: Treatments for Dizziness
dizziness is the disorienting impression of being unbalanced or lightheaded. You may feel like you ’ re about to faint or your surroundings are moving or spinning around you. Both feelings sometimes occur along with nausea or vomit. Dizziness is not a medical condition on its own. It ’ s a symptom of an underlie induce. Some possible causes of dizziness include :
- benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- taking certain medications
- inner ear problems
- circulation problems
- certain conditions, such as anemia, migraines, or anxiety
- motion sickness
- head injuries
- certain illnesses such as the common cold
Treating your dizziness normally involves treating one of these other conditions.
Remedies for dizziness
Certain foods and nutrients may help relieve symptoms of dizziness .
dehydration is a common causal agent of dizziness. If you feel run down and thirsty and urinate less frequently when you ’ ra airheaded, try drink in water system and stay hydrated .
Ginger may help relieve symptoms of gesticulate illness and dizziness. It may besides help treat nausea in meaning women. You can take ginger in many forms. Add fresh or background ginger to your diet, drink ginger tea, or take ginger supplements. however, you should always consult your sophisticate before taking any kind of supplement, even if it ’ randomness natural. Supplements can interfere with other aesculapian conditions you have or medications you take. denounce for ginger tea
According to the Meniere ’ s Society, consuming vitamin C can reduce dizziness in if you have Meniere ’ s disease. Foods fat in vitamin C include :
- bell peppers
Vitamin E can help maintain the elasticity of your blood vessels. This can help prevent circulation problems. Vitamin E can be found in :
- wheat germ
Vitamin D has been shown to help you improve after BPPV attacks .
If your doctor thinks you have anemia, they may encourage you to get more iron. Iron can be found in foods such as :
- red meat
- dark leafy greens
Medications to treat dizziness
Medications to treat dizziness much focus on treating the underlying stipulate. preventive migraine music, for model, is much prescribed if you have vertigo or dizziness with migraines. Anti-anxiety medications can besides be prescribed to reduce the austereness of anxiety attacks that cause dizziness. other medications that may be used for dizziness admit :
Read more: How To Do a Smokey Eye
- Water pills or diuretics may be used as treatment for conditions like Meniere’s disease that cause a fluid buildup in the inner ear
- Antihistamines and anticholinergics are two of the only prescription medications that focus entirely on treating dizziness instead of the underlying condition
- Over-the-counter antihistamines are another option, though the nondrowsy variations are less effective at treating dizziness.
Exercises and lifestyle practices
When you start to feel dizzy, lying down deoxyadenosine monophosphate soon as possible can frequently help. If you have a severe case of dizziness, close your eyes while lying down. If you ’ re overheated, get a cool drink and move to a shaded, air-conditioned area .
The Epley tactic, which you can do at home plate, is an exercise that can help treat dizziness, specially from BPPV. It ’ randomness designed to dislodge crystals from the ear canals and reduce dizziness. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Epley tactic involves the follow steps :
- Sit on a bed and turn your head halfway to the right.
- Lie down on your back while keeping your head turned. A pillow should be under your shoulders only, with your head reclining.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Turn your head without raising it so it’s looking halfway to the left. Wait another 30 seconds.
- Keeping your head turned, turn your body to the left so that you’re lying on your side. Wait 30 seconds.
- Sit up on your left side.
If you ’ re prone to dizziness, let your repair know. That data can help when you ’ re undergo treatment. If you ’ re more aware that you may fall or lose your counterweight, you may be more prepared to prevent an injury. If you can identify what triggers your dizziness, you can avoid the triggers .
acupuncture may help treat dizziness. acupuncture is the practice of inserting bantam, thin needles into specific areas of the hide. In a little report, acupuncture seemed to reduce symptoms of dizziness .
A especial type of physical therapy called vestibular rehabilitation may help. physical therapy can besides improve poise .
Living a goodly life style can help treat and prevent dizziness. Try to reduce the sum of stress in your life. Drink batch of body of water. Get enough sleep. You should besides avoid salt, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco. According to the Mayo Clinic, frequent consumption of these substances can increase your symptoms .
Causes of dizziness
There are different causes of dizziness. Some are less good than others. Benign paroxysmal positional dizziness ( BPPV ) is one of the most park causes of dizziness. It ’ s caused by specific changes in the position of your pass. It can cause short episodes of balmy to severe dizziness, normally started by oral sex movements. BPPV is much idiopathic, which means no cause is known. however, it can be caused by a blow to the head. According to the Mayo Clinic, there ’ s a link between BPPV and migraines. Hypoglycemia, or humble blood sugar, is one of the most common causes of dizziness. Hypotension, or low blood press, can besides cause fatigue and dizziness. Certain medications can besides cause dizziness. For case, blood blackmail medications may lower your blood pressure besides much and contribute to dizziness. Sedatives and tranquilizers have dizziness as a common side effect. Antiseizure drugs and antidepressants can besides cause dizziness. speak to your doctor if you think dizziness is caused by any medications that you take.
other common causes of dizziness can include :
- inner ear problems, such as infections or fluid buildup, which can affect balance
- circulation problems, including poor blood circulation that prevents adequate blood flow from reaching the brain or inner ear
- heat stroke or becoming overheated
- head or neck injuries
There are times when dizziness is a aesculapian emergency. If you experience dizziness along with blur or double vision, weakness or numbness in the body, slurred speech, or severe headaches, call 911 immediately .
Conditions associated with dizziness
Some conditions are associated with dizziness. These include :
- anemia, or low iron levels
- anxiety disorders, which can cause dizziness during attacks
- neurologic disorders, like multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s, which cause a loss of balance
- chronic migraines