Need a fresh, tasty dinner that comes together actual fast ? then you ’ ll love my slowly Garlic Butter Oven Baked Tilapia. Seasoned with a classical blend of lemon, garlic, melted butter, and paprika, this simpleton dinner in truth hits the descry ! And, it ’ randomness all done in precisely 20 minutes .
FLAKY GARLIC BUTTER BAKED TILAPIA
There are so many great recipes for bake fish out there, but I truly love this one because, it doesn ’ thymine require any mayonnaise, breadcrumb, parmesan, or early toppings. All you need is lemon, garlic, and butter. Super simple, low carb, gluten complimentary, Keto-friendly, AND flavorful. even finical eaters love this tasty fish fillet recipe .
BUT, if you ’ ra looking for a rich and creamy fish recipe, you have to try my Skillet Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Sauce. 😋
IS FRESH OR FROZEN TILAPIA BEST?
In general, if you have access to fish that has been impertinently caught, cleaned, and put up for sale within about 48 hours, then that ’ s your absolute best bet for choice. other than that, the likelihood is that any fish you buy has been frozen at some distributor point in order to keep it fresh for tape drive .
Frozen fish is besides processed and freeze quickly after the get. So you can feel convinced that the fish in the deep-freeze case is, in most cases, barely arsenic good as the fish at the counter, and possibly even better !
IS TILAPIA HEALTHY?
While wild-caught fish is generally thought to be the healthiest, many food experts say that by rights farmed fish is very healthy, and that includes tilapia ! Tilapia is gamey in Omega-3 fatty acids, and is a good reservoir of protein .
however, some sources of tilapia are better than others, then be sure to check out the source ’ sulfur reputation, standards, and the kind of prey they use for their pisces .
- Tilapia Fillets: This recipe uses four medium-sized fillets.
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried Thyme, Dried Oregano, and Ground Paprika: Use regular paprika, not hot or smoked paprika.
- Butter: You’ll need 4 tablespoons, melted.
- Fresh Garlic: Mince the garlic or put it through a garlic press.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest: You’ll need two tablespoons of juice and ¼ teaspoon of zest.
- Lemon Slices, Red Pepper Flakes, and Chopped Parsley: For garnish.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED TILAPIA
- Prepare the Tilapia Fillets. Season tilapia with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and oregano; arrange fish in a 9×13 baking dish. In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest; pour over tilapia.
- Bake the Fillets. Bake tilapia for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes and is fork-tender.
- Serve! Garnish with pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon slices and enjoy!
HOW LONG TO BAKE TILAPIA
If you haven ’ thyroxine baked tilapia before you may be wondering how to do it by rights. here are a few quick tips for the best bake tilapia :
- Like most fish fillets, tilapia cooks up pretty quickly! You’ll want to check on it as soon as it’s been in the oven for 10 minutes, or even sooner if your oven runs hot.
- The fillets are done when they flake easily with a fork (but aren’t dry).
- If you’re using a meat thermometer, insert it sideways into the thickest part of the fillet. The temperature should be 145°F.
- A Smashing Side: Tender potatoes go wonderfully with baked fish, so I like serving these yummy fillets with a side of my Crispy Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. Add a green salad, and dinner’s done!
- A Gift of Goodness: You can also get your veggies and starch all baked up at once with these lovely parchment packages: try my Spring Vegetables and Potatoes Baked in Parchment. Feel free to substitute whatever veggies are freshest in your area.
- Sweets to the Sweet: For a sweet follow-up, try serving some Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse or a plate of My Family’s Traditional Baklava. So amazing!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS
- To refrigerate, store cooled leftover fillets in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, place leftover fillets in a single layer on a baking sheet or platter. Freeze until frozen solid. Then transfer the frozen fillets into freezer bags and push out as much air as possible before sealing. The fillets will keep in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- To reheat, first thaw the fish (if frozen). Then place the fillets at room temperature while the oven preheats to 350°F. Arrange the fillets in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through. The fish’s texture may be less moist after storing and reheating.
More Fish Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
GARLIC BUTTER OVEN BAKED TILAPIA
Light, nutritious tilapia fillets are seasoned with garlic, butter, and lemon and baked to perfection.
4 tilapia fillets
Salt and newly ground black pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cloves garlic,
Read more: The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon gamboge gusto
1 lemon, sliced into rounds, for trim
Red pepper flakes, for garnish
Chopped fresh parsley, for trim
Lemon slices, for trim
Preheat oven to 400°F. Season tilapia with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and oregano; arrange fish in a 9×13 baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest; pour over tilapia.
Bake tilapia for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes and is fork-tender.
Garnish with pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon slices. Serve.
NET CARBS: 3 g
GARLIC BUTTER OVEN BAKED TILAPIA
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8g
Vitamin A 473IU
Vitamin C 18mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet .
nutritional information is an appraisal and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your prefer nutritional calculator for more detail information .
baked tilapia, cooking tilapia, how to cook tilapia, seafood dinner, tilapia in oven
Want To Save This Recipe?
Register For An Account ORLogin To Your Account!
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mail to you .