Find Out if You Have Flat Paint
Before you follow our cleanse techniques, make certain you have compressed key walls. This condition doesn ’ triiodothyronine refer to the texture of the walls—instead, it means that the wall is a matte stopping point. Since it doesn ’ thymine reflect light, compressed rouge is good for hiding imperfections in ceilings and stress walls. At 0 to 10 percentage glossary, it ’ mho dependable to say that your walls have flat rouge if they don ’ thymine reflect light at all, even from an angle .
Gather Your Cleaning Supplies
Make certain your cabinet of cleaning supplies includes the stick to essentials, which you ’ ll motivation to clean flat rouge walls :
- Sponge or cloth
- White vinegar
- Eraser sponge
- Foam cleanser
- Touch up paint and paint brush
Clean Flat Paint Walls
It ’ south significant to clean scandal and stains from flat paint walls american samoa quickly as possible. The longer you ignore them, the hard the walls are to clean. here ’ s what we suggest for removing smudges, smears, and scuff marks from flat paint walls :
- Start by rubbing the stained wall with a clean, damp sponge or cloth. Sometimes, water is all you need to remove stains, allowing you to avoid any cleaning products at all. This is most likely to work if you tackle wall stains as soon as you see them.
- If plain water doesn’t work, try adding vinegar to your damp sponge or cloth and gently scrub the walls.
- If vinegar doesn’t remove the stain entirely, use an eraser sponge for problematic spots. This gentle cleaning product should eliminate the stain without damaging your flat paint walls.
- For especially stubborn wall stains, apply a gentle store-bought foam cleanser. Follow the directions printed on the container for the best results.
- The last cleaning technique you should try is applying diluted detergent. About one tablespoon of detergent to one gallon of water should do it. Dip your rag into the solution and gently scrub the wall to remove the last of the stain.
- If you have the original wall paint, break out the can and a painter’s brush. Touch up the stained spot to cover it for good. Another option is to repaint the entire wall with a new, more durable sheen. An eggshell finish, which is 10 to 25 percent gloss, is more durable and easier to clean than flat paint without appearing too shiny.
Call Molly Maid for Help
If all else fails, try professional houseclean aid from Molly Maid. Our team is comprised of insure, licensed, and uniform housekeepers who know all the tricks in the book to keep your home looking, feel, and smelling fresh and clean. We can tackle stubborn wall stains and many other family chores. For aid with your master house clean, contact your local Molly Maid, a Neighborly companyLink opens in a raw tab or cry ( 800 ) 654-9647 today for a unblock estimate !
August 31, 2017
By Molly Maid