hera, we explore everything there is to know about diamond earrings, including how we can clean them, the best cleaning agents to use, why we should keep them scavenge, and more .
Let ‘s get started …
Cleaning Your Diamond Earrings At Home
Do You Have the Right Equipment ?
Jewelry Cleaning Kit
If your bling is looking boring, you can restore its glitter and shine with an at-home jewelry cleaning kit. Look for one that will remove tarnish, dirt, and oils from most types of gems and metals with just a pawn in a non-toxic solution combined with light polishing using cushy cloths .
It ‘s besides good rehearse to check all the jewelry clean kits for the specifics on what they ’ re safe for use on, along with the best techniques for use. many are non-abrasive, which will restore luster without any damage, but you should silent make surely that they are allow for your cute metals and gems .
What Tools Do You Need To Clean Your Diamond Earrings?
To get started with cleaning our beautiful rhombus earrings, you ‘ll need to find a toothbrush ( you can besides use a specialist brush or some other small, finely haired brush ) to remove dirty and dirt through a easy grind action. Keep in take care that the settings can be damaged if you use a brush that ‘s besides roughly. We highly recommend using a child ‘s brush preferably than one that ‘s designed for adults, since it will be docile to use on diamond earrings .
following, piano fabric is needed for polishing and drying the stud. For this, you can buy cloth particularly made for cleaning jewelry, a microfiber fabric, or just a good old rag. Microfiber cloths are peculiarly good to use in this position, as there is a little risk of any train of thought getting caught on your jewelry. If you decide on using a tease, make certain it ‘s made from close woven, absorbent material corporeal .
safe Area For The Cleaning march
This is an significant part because countless people have lost or damaged their sandbag gold and diamond earrings simply because they picked the wrong target for cleaning them. This is where you need to pay care :
- Choose a flat airfoil : a move or sloping surface will make it much harder for you to keep an eye on your earrings .
- Clean your earrings against a benighted background : it ‘ll make your life so a lot easier if you can see your earrings on a plain, iniquity background .
- never clean your earrings near the sink : every year, thousands of earrings are lost down the drain. Do n’t let your gorgeous studs suffer the same destine .
- Make indisputable to clean them in a good light : cleanse during the day prison term is the best, as it helps you to see if every final spot of dirt is removed before you wear them again .
Accessory Cleaning Tools
You ‘ll need a bowl to soak your jewelry in. Whatever you do, do n’t soak your jewelry in the sink or basin — we already know what happens there. In accession, wearing gloves while cleaning your jewelry will keep them looking pristine, without the spoils of smear fingerprints and greasy skin on the surface .
What are the Cleaning Agents you can use ?
There are enough of cleaning agents that you can use to clean your cherished gems, however, these are the most normally used :
- dish Soap : Mix warm water with a few drops of any dishwashing liquid. Dip a gentle fabric into the solution and rub your earrings to remove the tarnish. When finished, rinse with cool water and buff dry with your microfiber fabric .
- Ammonia : Mix ¼ cup of warmly water, 2 tsp. of liquid soap and 1 tsp. of ammonia water. Place some of the solution on a delicate fabric and lightly rub the earrings until the tarnish is removed. You can besides soak the jewelry in the solution for 30 minutes if needed. Remove the earrings and cover the head of the soup-strainer with a microfiber fabric to gently remove tarnish .
- Bicarbonate of Soda : make a thick water and bicarb paste, then apply it to the earrings. Leave it on for ten-spot minutes and rinse away while using a soup-strainer to remove dirt and dirty .
- Hydrogen Peroxide : carefully fill a bowl with hydrogen peroxide and let the earrings soak for ten-spot minutes. Thoroughly gargle and dry with a microfiber fabric .
bit-by-bit Instructions To Clean Your Diamond Earrings
- Make certain that you have everything you need and are in a safe station to clean your earrings .
- Fill a modest bowl with your prefer clean solution .
- fully immerse your earrings and leave for at least 10 minutes ( unless instructed otherwise ).
Read more : Receding hairline: Treatment, stages, and causes
- Remove the earrings and start scrubbing using your soup-strainer .
- If needed, you can re-immerse your earrings in the solution .
- When wholly clean, thoroughly rinse your earrings in warmly water. Remember not to rinse them over the sink, as you risk losing them to the drains .
- Dry and polish them for excess sparkle and store them appropriately until needed .
Pro Tips To Keep Your Diamond Earrings Sparkling
- Avoid wearing your earrings when engaged in activities where you ’ re likely to get dirty, such as gardening, redecorating, or sports .
- Keep your earrings in a jewelry box, pouch, or a subject in-between wears .
- If you have a while with a mix of gems set in it, use a proprietary clean or washing liquid with water to clean your earrings .
Why should I keep my Diamond Earrings clean?
Our staff at Lexie Jordan Fine Jewelry know that hygiene is authoritative when it comes to earrings. here are three key reasons why cleaning your earrings should be a top priority :
- Lack-luster earrings : To stay beautiful and good, ball field earrings have to be immaculately clean .
- Prevent bacteria build-up : no topic what you do, grime can build up on the piece over meter, breeding bacteria. regular clean can prevent this and help to keep it hygienic for your adjacent occasion .
- Prolong their biography : depend on the alloy used in the settings, exposure to some means may result in deterioration. simple houseclean is all that ‘s needed to minimize the risk of a debased earring .
What if your earrings are made up of other materials besides diamonds?
It ‘s best to do inquiry into the different clean solutions to make sure they will work with your other gems and stones. For exercise, the surface of pearls can get damaged if they are exposed to high temperatures, indeed gain certain to check that the clean solution you ‘re cleaning them in is n’t excessively hot or besides cold .
Can you use toothpaste or rubbing alcohol to clean your diamond earrings?
by and large, toothpaste and friction alcohol are n’t the best solutions to clean your jewelry with. not merely are they potentially abrasive, but rubbing alcohol can besides dull your stones .
How often should your diamond earrings be cleaned?
If you have a special juncture coming up or want your earrings to stay extra glistening, you should clean them once a calendar month. This ensures your stones and settings stay sparkling all the time.
When should they be cleaned professionally?
If your earrings are finely designed, getting them cleaned professionally is your best count. Getting them cleaned by a professional to reach the nooks and crannies at least once a year is an excellent way to maintain their beauty .