not anymore. In io 15, you can adjust the text size individually for each of your apps. So you can, for case, keep the textbook small for your electronic mail, but make it a bit larger in Twitter — or frailty versa. ( Thanks to @ OmarShahine for the information. )
One of the best hide new io 15 features is per app baptismal font sizes. I like to use the smallest dynamic size system wide but bump up Outlook by one side since I read so much electronic mail. pic.twitter.com/aL8TxOIXVA— Omar Shahine (@OmarShahine) July 16, 2021
If you ’ ve got io 15, here ’ s how you can adjust the text size for each app.
beginning, you need to make indisputable the “ Text Size ” option is in your iOS Control Center :
- Swipe from the upper-right corner to get to your Control Center. Check to see if “Text Size” is there.
- If it isn’t, then quit Control Center and go to “Settings” > “Control Center.”
- Under the “More Controls” subhead, find “Text Size” and tap the plus sign on the left to add it to your included controls. This will add it to your Control Center.
once that ’ s done, it ’ south dim-witted to tweak the text size for each app :
- Open the app that you want to configure.
- Swipe from the upper-right corner to get to Control Center.
- Tap the “Text Size” icon (the one with the small and large A’s).
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a toggle on the left for that specific app (for example, the left side of the toggle will say “Twitter Only,” and the right side will say “All Apps.”) Move the toggle to the left.
- Once that’s done, use the main control in the center of the screen to set the text size for that app, and then tap anywhere on the screen to get back to the Control Center.
- Swipe up to get rid of the Control Center and you’ll return to your app. You should see the difference in the text size immediately — but that difference will not be reflected in other apps.
And, of course, if you want to switch spinal column to a standard text size, fair go back to the Control Center, choose “ Text Size, ” and move the bottom toggle to “ All Apps. ” But be mindful that you ’ ll be resetting all your apps to that textbook size .
Update March 16th, 2022, 2:20PM ET: Updated to acknowledge that io 15 is out of beta .