How to Block Text Messages from Any Number on an iPhone
To block text messages on your iPhone from a single number, open the Messages app, select a textbook message from the number you want to block, and tap the visibility icon at the top of your screen. ultimately, tap information > Block this Caller > Block Contact .
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone. If you can’t find the app, swipe down from the middle of your home screen and use the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Then open a text message from the number you want to block.
- Next, tap the profile icon at the top of your screen.
- Then tap the info button. You will see this under the phone number and to the right.
- Next, tap Block this Caller. You might have to scroll down to find this.
- Finally, tap Block Contact on the pop-up menu.
note : once you block a number on your iPhone, you won ’ t receive any calls or text messages from that number again. They can silent leave voice messages, but you won ’ thyroxine receive a notification. besides, the transmitter won ’ t receive any kind of presentment that they were blocked. You will know that the numeral is blocked if you see Unblock the Caller at the bottomland of your screen. You can tap this to unblock the numeral at any prison term.
alternatively, you can besides go to Settings > Messages > Blocked Contacts. From here, you can see all the numbers you have blocked on your iPhone. You can then tap Add New at the bottom to block one of the numbers from your contacts list. Or you can tap the Edit push button in the top-right corner to unblock a reach .
How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
To block a group text on your iPhone, open the Messages app and select the group text you want to block. then tap the profile icons at the acme of your screen and blue-ribbon information. last, scroll down and tap the slider next to Leave Conversation.
Read more: The Best Classic Chili – The Wholesome Dish
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Then select the group text you want to block.
- Next, tap the profile icons at the top of the screen.
- Then tap Leave this Conversation.
- Next, tap Leave this Conversation in the pop-up.
- Finally, select Done. You will see this in the top-right corner of your screen.
note : You ’ ll lone be able to leave a conversation if person else created the conversation and if everyone else in the group chew the fat is besides using iMessage. If anyone is not using iMessage, this choice will be greyed out, and you will not be able to leave the group.
once you leave a conversation on your iPhone, you won ’ t get notifications from the group text anymore, but you will still get calls and see individual messages from the other members of the group. If you don ’ thyroxine want to leave the conversation, but you don ’ triiodothyronine want to see the messages for a period of prison term, you can besides hide the alerts. To do this, tap the skidder next to the Hide Alerts button. You will then see a crescent daydream picture next to the group conversation . If you ’ re looking to block all spam messages at once, check out our guide on how to enable the Silence Unknown Callers feature on an iPhone .