sometimes, you want to show your hearing a YouTube video during a presentation. Some people do so by opening the browser, going to YouTube and then typing the video title into the search bar, when in fact there is a much easier and more convenient way. In the this post, you ‘ll learn how you can directly insert a YouTube Video into PowerPoint that plays automatically on your slide. besides, we have got some big suggestions about television you could show your audience .
You can watch our television ( which is by the room inserted from YouTube arsenic well ) down below and learn how to add a television to your slides in fair one minute ! If you do n’t feel like watching the video, you can besides follow the bit-by-bit guide down below.
- Go to Insert in the PowerPoint task line on the top.
- Click on Video on the top right corner. Then choose the option Online Video.
- A window will open which will ask you to insert the video’s URL.
- Open the YouTube video you would like to embed in your browser. You can simply right click on the address bar in the browser and copy the URL. Alternatively, perform a right mouse click on the video, and then click on Copy Video URL.
- Go back to PowerPoint and insert the URL by either pressing CTRL+V or right click and then Paste. Then click on Insert.
- Your video will then be inserted on your current slide. Just like any element, you can change its size or move it around now.
- To start the video (either while editing or in presentation mode), simply click on the play button.
YouTube video with offline playback
With the previously described choice, it is necessary to have a stable internet connection while presenting. As that can not always be guaranteed, there is besides a way of inserting YouTube video that work offline. Follow these steps :
- Open the YouTube Video in your Browser. Copy the URL by clicking the address bar and then Right Click > Copy.
- Open the website y2mate.com. Paste your copied URL into the text field, then click Start.
- Choose one of the options for download (and click the Download button. We recommend 1080p or 720p.
- A window will open, and your video will convert. When it’s ready, click Download .mp4″.
- After your file has downloaded, you should see it in your Downloads folder in the browser. By clicking “Show in folder”, you’ll see where it’s saved on your device.
- Right click on the file in your folder and click Copy.
- Go to the PowerPoint slide where you want your video to be placed. Right click and Paste. Your video should now appear and play if you click on it.
What kinds of videos can I use in a presentation?
Videos are an amazing way to liven up your presentation. particularly when you ‘re talking for a hanker clock time, the audience tends to get tired. That ‘s where a variation of multimedia elements, such as videos, can be helpful. We recommend putting video in the independent part of a presentation, but of course you may besides start or finish by presenting a video recording to your consultation. There is no limit for the character of video, the only road map you should follow is relevance. Before mindlessly pasting a video to your slide, ask yourself : “ What function does this television carry through within my display ? ” Is it supposed to inform and teach the audience, is it something you actually want everybody to see, or is it just a funny little nip to lighten the climate ? All of those purposes are all right. With this peak, you ‘re one step closer to a fantastic presentation ! If you want to learn more about successful presentations and Audience Engagement, check out our blogpost crown 10 Tools for increasing Audience Engagement .
Set the start of your video
After you ‘ve added a video from YouTube, it starts to play by nonpayment when you click anywhere on the skid during the presentation. That ‘s normally finely, but can sometimes be annoying, e.g. when you have more than one television on one swoop. In that case, it is helpful to set the Start to When clicked on. The video then wo n’t start until you click immediately on it. You can do that by foremost clicking on your video, going to the Playback pill on the right and then select When clicked on in the Start-selection. By choosing Automatically here, your video recording will start mechanically, without having to click on it .
Add a video from your device
If you want to add a video that is saved on your computer, you can do then by following the tutorial in our article Insert a local Video.
Read more : 8 Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Muffin Top
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
|CTRL+C||Copy an element or text|
|CTRL+V||Paste a previously copied element or text|
|CTRL+Z||Undo an action|
|CTRL+Y||Redo an action|
How can I insert a YouTube video to PowerPoint?
Go to Insert > Video > Online Video. Copy the television URL from the address bar and paste it to the window that opens. Click Insert and your video should appear instantaneously .
Can I play a video directly on my PowerPoint slides?
Read more : How to Tie a Tie: 7 Knots for All Occasions
Yes. You can insert a video from YouTube by using the URL, and it will be played directly on your slide. In our tutorial, you ‘ll learn how to do so .
Can I play an offline video from YouTube in PowerPoint?
Yes, it is possible to play an offline YouTube video on your PowerPoint slides. We show you how it is done in our tutorial .